Moon Lake State Park in PA

Robin

Anyone been here? It's not far from my parents and wondering what/if worth checking out. Looks like a few trails on Trailforks.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watching thread to see how this pans out. TF says 21 miles. If this is true, may be worth the haul out there. All eyes on you @Robin!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watching thread to see how this pans out. TF says 21 miles. If this is true, may be worth the haul out there. All eyes on you @Robin!
It's about 15 to 20 minutes from lackawanna. There is plenty of different options in the Scranton area. Heard good things about moon lake. Still need to hit Merli Snarski and moosic. Been to prompton years ago would go back as I heard there is more.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Moosic is well worth the trip. Not crazy in length, but jammed packed with goodies along the way.

Robin

Thanks for the suggestion of Moosic but I've already been there. Moon Lake is 25 minutes from my parents.

Since I got no input I just winged it. Totally worth it! I wish I didn't have an old Garmin/have to rely on my phone for TF, but a FUN trail network. I was limited on time but I enjoyed what I did ride. I'll definitely be back.

Reminded me of Wayway and Port Jervis. Trails are easy to follow/burned in and wooden signs. I found NFS, unfortunately I rode it uphill.

IMG_20190423_101122_909.jpg
IMG_20190423_080251.jpg
IMG_20190423_085134.jpg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
NFS: No Freakin’ Stopping? :p

Merli, Moosic and LSP are all fun. Will get to the Moon soon. Glad you found it worth the trip.

teabagger11

Sorry didn't see this till now working today I'm not the biggest fan of moon lake but it is getting better since DCNR took over some of the newer stuff has better flow the trail crew is doing good work the original trail builder would just walk through the woods with a leaf blower twisting and turning that being said it's good during hunting season as its illegal to hunt there I'm glad you liked it

onetracker

Moon Lake is awesome; I ride there we are at our place in PA.

The guys at Around Town Bikes in WB build and maintain the trails. Those guys are go-to for local trail knowledge and group rides. Super nice guys. Also the home of Rich Adams Custom Bicycles.

Last edited:

onetracker

Those shops are pretty friendly out that way. Lee, who works at ATB, has been building trails at the Moon since the beginning. Local knowledge and group rides can be accessed from both. I know ATB hosts pretty regular group rides at da moon.

onetracker

Man, I have not been to Mtn Top in a long while. Mostly ride Prompton, Merli, Moosic and da Moon when we are in Lake Ariel. I will take you up on your offer this summer!

Top Bottom