The only original MTBNJ Woodworking thread!!!!!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
where do you guys buy wood for your projects? planning to build a couple things (covers for the stand up steam radiators to start with) and would like a less expensive place to buy oak or ash for the project.

FTR we live in union, and i have no problems handling up to 10ft lengths for transport.

My dad used to use Constantine's in the Bronx. Looks like they now sell online out of FL.

rick81721

Lothar
After much fan fair(2 likes) I bring to you the MTBNJ woodworking thread, not to be confused with "working your wood." This is for all things dead tree carcasses from milling to finishing and everything in between or after(repair). All disciplines welcomed from power machinery to hand tools(Master Race), post what your working on post questions post your set up. First one to lose a finger wins the prize below.

JffpkIRQzV2_R8Nk69wJ41PqSAmA4tnRrJotf-qrPwBxIBL_QRo1Fa9q7WW_1SCtkLpC1B3WoFUqogD1YP45wpV6bvL2GhXZs8KqUQDdz6WaXRgjivyIuSuD4HuuFWa-SDujS1v3a6gNfkI6CPddA_zpANxnXpOsbd_Jv8grpCOBnsvGbyHRmsxTMMpHzXWWI6VpH42nR9D30AwvU7g=s500-pd-e365-rw-pc0xffffff

You guys should have a group meet at The Blue Oyster?

SmooveP

Nice work all around. IT to fine word working is not you traditional career path.
I work in the high end AV industry in North Jersey and could always use a good wood worker, where you located?

Thanks. I'm in Monmouth County near Red Bank. I do a lot of entertainment units! Where are you? Feel free to PM me.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Left the house at 530am and got home at 830pm spent all of 5 minutes scraping to get the surface cleaned up enough for paint, the leg slipped a little in the vice not a big deal I'll fill it with some saw dust and glue and scrape again. I hate sanding so much, scraping is much more present, the picture below was 1/3 of the way of what I did, took longer to find the card scraper than how much time I spent getting the paint off i'm fried

IMG_20190117_203520987.jpg

jnos

Metabo is running a Buy One Get One Free deal on their 9 gal dust extractor. Similar size and features as the Festool CT26. Multiple retailers are participating. Deal details at Acme Tools.

alex_k

My current project is at least 10 years in the work :) I built the left pair of workbench legs back then and finished the right pair just a week ago, then flattened the top which was badly warped and replaced the vise with better one.
The old front vise and never installed tail vise are free if you want to pick them up

wkb_1.JPGwkb_2.JPGwkb_3.JPGwkb_4.JPG

Top Bottom