Jungle Habitat Conditions

Berms&Boofs

Conditions are mixed right now. The upper trails are in good shape, clear and and mostly dry. Animal chute, Warthog and the exit to Boulderdash need another few days to dry out.

Large trees down:
1) Animal chute (you can walk over it)
2) Lower chute (requires lifting the bike over)
3) Dumptruck (requires lifting the bike over). There were also 2 handsaw size trees in blocking Dumptruck.

chris12453

The park should dry out quick. Road their Saturday and it was dry. Obviously we had rain, but just like Wayway, I was surprised how dry it was.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Jungle is closed due to the plane crash. Looks like it's on or near lower warthog.

cfJIMrDzvo-Wq4KGzDHwshm-5OZaCJOOd_S7X0m5NBMOj31-YrJWbp2KoWmQLi3P62ZwOidaokbo6lNhSeOWHAdCXgdr5bak2GUIcGfbbQHHVZoeH_hJwbUhP51q0alZoHdCEMGsF-V-rh63MQnnWQ-sH2xBQHa-nMzQIIKm7wopNda6rpU6VYyvNaSpBc0Xo3x-vbBq_4A7F40VoyS1D104H6Hj2ZoFs_L4vR6IeQMSH0M1NHmtN0HVi1Beh3FJfyCsHuzTeeSMj4Icq-3_LxTIux2v3Aznyf7dDprIvp1EXGIzhLu4wjRwcZ4XbzQStjuH4Vp-le5PsPcM2Lp0_km7KVr2-bZxCHLVBXmhwo_70eJddTdjcBewfi5G9I2c8dTl-OLmz11xX5AtkhgLtGNuYmnEJVwdpEw_FaPlKT6YoBxctZnrTbeGbi-Ca1qxUQCb8LcdEW8I1JTB1kyfhTD88wprGFgwqJfgd8xw0RVrNRmKuSIw0Vil4MtuZthad7bIoS86XyPzKJeFR0n2GUttJWpF6GgEPML7TZBlCf0wS0WuKNG0i_ldt0B_yQ55vkbuwekR9P4FbQMMUCg3xv7HiUNtYNBUc7Z--365=w478-h637-no
jY1OYe97lPfw22c4WbCLpVoNA8As39yobH-opa5Jr3zP2OjwcjgvFJhMrjzLdRNonUgFq2kwUM2F2WrN42BlepNT8pNcNXBVaqBGpmZ6doBLgasu-wP-AHZNF5cz8wOV5yDbQBV2RF4SvI9rPSNlDDZjqZA3bLUt_p0HMTGmNcpBbvLJH6kYUXqn8XsHEUptXtgulUv2d1I2bBE8ridvSyH8j5W-cgC72nxxIb4waW2C8mLQ9NA6CPw7ssISshhpamfnMfTr9ox1OKN7SsDZNj3rsbmjOVbPvTe8I654X47dCwpiCmW5JYyOyjJsJ-3MXdJEgYMciNEUM_7_TIYpoQetSgC6xEQNj6L5p77CvwXqeAn_S-g1IdagueaMgCicOh1QvCD2h7rz8AsPAYiXyPO4aHOuKQl_f_6AgyuJg7u_vNN2n8Jh4lnNt0Zga1_qU16h_WAa68kqS0CESQxNLOrxujQzt0dFHnbbKNr0BeP0aYHt3DEMAri1wKeLK5-IVi2O6uWNzQdUTqzILtJZW_FSbPUld8iEH3SVCfS5IeQ3uPImzdqewnAaPDSQsLXjxmI9ACn65Y2I-JqMyfvRMnFHGgt6FcCqnx6ZFuPg=w478-h637-no

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jeez. When was the last snow? We've gone over into Old Testament weather already. Am I back in California?

V-Dub

I just checked with the state and Jungle is still closed due to the investigation. I will post up when it is reopened

V-Dub

I just got a look at the fire damage, it's pretty extensive. The bottom section of Warthog is damaged and mostly unrideable. As far as it looks the park is open through. I'll post up here when we have plans for rerouting/rebuilding the trail

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Hey we're heading out Wednesday the 23rd at 5PM to tackle the trail damage on Warthog. Meet us by the gate around 5 or down the bottom of the lot after.

BillyGoatBiker

I rode Jungle over the weekend for the first time in a few years, took Animal Shute to Upper Shute to Warthog, then took Otter Slide up to Rhino and did the full loop around Rhino. Then rode Tanks->Cages->Goat back down to Lower Shute which took me back to the parking lot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for rides? This was a fun loop, I didnt find it too technical, but perhaps there is a better direction to ride this in? Rhino was in need of some trail work as well, lots of downed trees.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mr.Moto

I rode Jungle over the weekend for the first time in a few years, took Animal Shute to Upper Shute to Warthog, then took Otter Slide up to Rhino and did the full loop around Rhino. Then rode Tanks->Cages->Goat back down to Lower Shute which took me back to the parking lot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for rides? This was a fun loop, I didnt find it too technical, but perhaps there is a better direction to ride this in? Rhino was in need of some trail work as well, lots of downed trees.

Adding Boon as well as Fish and Boulderdash will up the technical riding and distance a bit.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG

Moto has it right. You did a good loop and in the right direction, just cut it short by taking Goat.

huffster

Just to add some more clarity. When you have come thru the Tiger Pen and come back out you will come to “Rocks” (there’s a sign). Over to your right is where u will get to Boon. I think it might have a sign that says Babs. You will go thru a fence and then cross the Safari road. Once you ride Boon and come out on the pipeline, turn left, cross the road, drop down and take a right. This is Junkyard Dog. If you follow that all the way you will spit out on the safari road again. If you want to you can go across the road and do Dump Truck which is a loop. Or you can skip that and just take a left on the road and a quick left back into the woods - that’s Boulderdash.

Maprika and Trailforks both show these trails pretty well.

gingertooth

Send me your contact info. I can show you much more techy riding on the backside of jungle that can include jungle as well that no one ever evens rides. There is epic raw mtbn there

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions