Politics. Do we hold a grudge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a long time Democratic party supporter but lately I have had an urge to step away. I recently watched a Dana White clip somewhere and he mad a great point. Do we "hate" people because of who they voted for? He points out that this is a free country and we have the right to vote who we want to vote for.I have noticed a lot of hate the last few elections from left to the right and right to the left. I'm not sure I want to be a part of this any longer. Please share your views.

yes, it's too bad what people get mad over. My wife had a friend for 14 years and they talked on the phone almost daily.
One day her friend said they couldn't be friends anymore because of different political views and hung up and never called again.
That's what's nice about this forum.

It really does need to dial back some for sure. You absolutely need differing views, that’s how the system should work. You have your plan, the other guy has his plan, you meet, hash it out, compromise on each side and come up with a plan the benefits the people that elected you. But it seems that the far fringes of each party have their feet so dug in that all that really is accomplished these days is creating a deeper and wider wedge amongst people. And I truly feel that’s not what your average working stiff wants. We need term limits, holding office should not be a career. Full disclosure, I fall to the right of the equation.

It really does need to dial back some for sure. You absolutely need differing views, that’s how the system should work. You have your plan, the other guy has his plan, you meet, hash it out, compromise on each side and come up with a plan the benefits the people that elected you. But it seems that the far fringes of each party have their feet so dug in that all that really is accomplished these days is creating a deeper and wider wedge amongst people. And I truly feel that’s not what your average working stiff wants. We need term limits, holding office should not be a career. Full disclosure, I fall to the right of the equation.
Right. There is too much side choosing. You need your view but combine it a bit with what some of the other side needs and meet in the middle. Now you literally have POTUS on twitter bathmouthing all republicans. I’d give anything to have an Obama or Clinton back.

Right. There is too much side choosing. You need your view but combine it a bit with what some of the other side needs and meet in the middle. Now you literally have POTUS on twitter bathmouthing all republicans. I’d give anything to have an Obama or Clinton back.
Lol. I wonder who he learned that from.

Average IQ is always 100, IQ is scored on a bell curve. For every person that scores 110, there is a person that scores 90. One of the things I learned in middle management is as you should always treat workers equally. The problem is a good manager can’t do that and properly manage their people. Giving smart people dumb jobs all the time is a waste and giving not so smart people smart jobs tends to result in failure. The question is should you hate people for being below average intelligence? I don’t, I do hate lies, I hate racism and I hate sexism. The problem is most of the people that display racism, sexism and lie all the time tend to be below average IQ. At some point, you just have to say “ bless their harts “ and remember some people are dumb as rocks.

Before the lock. The 2 party system is right up there with social media as the downfall of society.
I’ll stay independent and vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
I say this all the time. The 2 party system is so divisive!!!

It's either my way or the highway.

PS - i do feel it is a valid topic, to be discussed, with respect.
We learn by hearing differing views/opinions, which must stand on their own merit.

My terse response might have been a bit rude to the OP and those who contributed. *apologies*

Discuss it in person - it works out better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom