Mayhem 2024 Roll Call And Recaps!

All four of my kids as well. The girls are doing womens cat 3 10-14, JT is doing mens cat 1 15-18 💪

@Hair Face is going to crush me in Novice endurance field

I seem to recall you saying something similar before granogue last year and I couldn't even hang with you for the first lap. 🤣

Novice endurance? What is that? Now I need to look at the Bikereg page.

Less is more endurance?

IDK, sounded like the more appealing option of the early morning starts ,I figured 4 hours might dig a deep hole, and I've never done an endurance race so it seemed fair to try novice.

I was torn between doing that or the cat1 with @jShort if that race weren't so late in the day, I would have gone that route to see how I stack up in the 40-55 field.

I seem to recall you saying something similar before granogue last year and I couldn't even hang with you for the first lap. 🤣
I also seem to recall you kicking my ass at Mayhem last year 🧐. SS at granogue is a completely different beast, I seem to be able to dig a lot deeper when i'm running a hard gear on a tough course vs an 'off-road road race' like mayhem where my mind tends to drift and think about quitting for a chair and beer 😂

I was torn between doing that or the cat1 with @jShort if that race weren't so late in the day, I would have gone that route to see how I stack up in the 40-55 field.
Yea the late start sucks. But I’ve done the endurance too and getting down there for an early start is worse for me. It’s ~ 100 minute drive for me so, I’ll deal with the last start and sleep in. Plus, 24 racers is a pretty big field nowadays. Top 10 is a realistic goal!

vs an 'off-road road race' like mayhem
What gear you running? 34 11? :)

My daughter and I are in.... She's doing cat2 15-18 and I'm doing the fatbike open. My primary mission is to use the head start I assume I'll get over my daughter to NOT get passed by her. But if I can beat her time I will absolutely throw it in her face!

Very nice turnout for her girls class which is awesome to see

Yea the late start sucks. But I’ve done the endurance too and getting down there for an early start is worse for me. It’s ~ 100 minute drive for me so, I’ll deal with the last start and sleep in. Plus, 24 racers is a pretty big field nowadays. Top 10 is a realistic goal!

What gear you running? 34 11? :)

Since you've done endurance, any intel you can offer on the start pace?

Mostly asking so I can decide how hard to warmup. If I'm going to have to really punch it to get into the singletrack near the pointy end, I want to warmup properly. But if it'll be a chiller effort start, I don't see any need to go bonkers on the warmup. I guess being the 2.5 hr endurance-ish class might change things. But just curious what it was like from your past experience.

Since you've done endurance, any intel you can offer on the start pace?
I did the 4 hour endurance 2 years ago. It was the first 4 hour H2H race I ever did so I went pretty chill at the beginning. I really did my own pace the entire race and finished strong. That was my only goal of the day so I really focused on it.

I think you could go much harder on a 2.5 hour race….. but there will also be a wide range of fitness in this one. Some beginners and some that are just looking to get a 2.5 hour workout in.

Back
Top Bottom