Ringwood State Park Conditions

Best fat biking conditions in recent memory. Perfect depth with a nice crust. Go out and get some!
How is the gas line downhill, coming down from Pierson ridge? It's fast AF when properly prepped by snowmobiles. Do you recommend any specific route?

Last edited:
Rode last night, no problems, solid ground with a few wet spots in the typical run-off areas. Rode Black bear, Duck to lot C. Avoided the new trail, took the service road to the fire road up to intersection of white and RR. White is good with exception to the wet area by the rollers. A few small trees down on Duck and Black bear but easy to pop over. Picked up what I could, no saw with me on the ride. The fire roads have heavy rain erosion and lots of exposed rocks. The single track is solid and in good shape. The ground was still frozen when I headed out, no standing water was frozen.

Tree down about 100 yards down alligator. The long bridge farther down has a tree across it. Both were to big for my hand saw.

Big tree on crossover rock garden section has been taken care of, so was the one across the drops on renegade/cat nest.

P.S. while the moto line that was created to ride around the tree has been removed and regular trail passage restored, the logs resulting from the activity are now blocking the drops that need some reworking. While it's quite obvious, make sure to approach carefully.

Last edited:
I hiked with Bailey the Ringwood-Ramapo reroute, Renegade/Cat Nest and Erskine, while only the first has been groomed by fat bikes (strange, I thought they were dead…) all single tracks looked doable and have been hiked so they’re easy to follow.Great conditions to be out and about.

I hiked with Bailey the Ringwood-Ramapo reroute, Renegade/Cat Nest and Erskine, while only the first has been groomed by fat bikes (strange, I thought they were dead…) all single tracks looked doable and have been hiked so they’re easy to follow.Great conditions to be out and about.
Rode yesterday and conditions were primo. ATV and pre ridden trails had tons of grip. No fat bike needed. Even some ungroomed trails were good. Once temp is just around freezing, conditions should be the same again. Go get some.
IMG_5446.jpeg

I am hearing that e-dirtbikes are riding the single track, specifically the new red-trail that was re-routed/completed in the past 3 yrs.

They are extremely powerful and very quiet. way too much power for single track.

Any idea on how we can address this as I am sure it will only get worse.

Looking for ideas as it is really a challenge to sort out.

I am hearing that e-dirtbikes are riding the single track, specifically the new red-trail that was re-routed/completed in the past 3 yrs.

They are extremely powerful and very quiet. way too much power for single track.

Any idea on how we can address this as I am sure it will only get worse.

Looking for ideas as it is really a challenge to sort out.
It's not like the noise discourages quads and dirt bikes anyway...if the State doesn't start taking seriously the park abuse by these clowns and give the Park Police the power and especially the resources to go after them is a question of time before something happens. I don't see how multi-use trail can include any fully motorized vehicle. In a way e-bikes may have unwillingly paved the way for this to happen...

Mostly good in the park, above Shepard Lake Rd. Below tank and heading towards Sterling Mine Rd is not good at all- wet and muddy throughout.

The two big trees blocking 6 bridges have been taken care of.
IMG_7686.jpeg

P.S. the big uprooted one on the left was 104 years old according the the cross section rings...average sized human pictured below for reference...cut looks wonky due to the picture perspective, I try to go as straight as possible to minimize the cut length, this one was way past the 20" of the chainsaw bar so it took some finesse...
tree.jpg

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions