The Covid effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...You’ll find a good group of friends wherever you go do I miss riding with you, Dan, Danny, Tony, Dan, etc.?
Maybe.

I used to go out to Scottsdale enough that I started bringing a road bike and hitting up a couple local group rides. The riding scene is huge and felt really insular. More than once, I said something to someone and was completely ignored, which was flat-out weird. They were also insanely unsafe, blasting through stop signs and ripping through neighborhoods at 25+mph. Bizarrely, they respected red lights like they had guns pointed at them.

DD and JP ride with a crew in Naples, FL sometimes. It sounds like they are ... OK but nothing like the camaraderie I experience around here. Early on, various pricks yelled at Derek about random nonsense.

I've ridden with a group in Cleremont, FL a few times. A couple of the guys were vaguely dickish. Frankly, road cycling seems to attract that type more than, say, MTB. I consider myself lucky to ride with guys who are complete hammers while not taking things too seriously.

can you answer me with a straight face and say that part and Hubert are not Completely congested with hikers if you don’t go there at six in the morning?

I have no idea. Why would anyone start riding later than six? :D Allaire is back to normal.

I really do not believe that I have started that many topics as johnny utah says. Have there been many many people who have replied, making them very long threads? Absolutely if people don’t like them there is the ignore button, but I take it for every person that replies they have an interest in what I say. I did make one post three years ago or so at the beginning of Covid about the biggest crash ever. It couldn’t have been worse timing, but at the same time I had no clue that the government was going to print unlimited gobs of money based on a pandemic, so take the printed $6 trillion out of the equation and my thoughts may have come true. I still feel as though the fed is trying to print its way out of a bad spot I’m not sure how we can sustain adding $1 trillion in in debt 100 days , but we can thank the current regime for that.

If you want to know the truth, this may have been a whole different story. Had I’ve been able to sell my house and upgrade to something larger at a reasonable price but such was not the case after we decided to print all this money. I understand this economy is nationwide, but the states with the bigger incomes are also the states with the bigger price problem. I 100% would not want to be a new homeowner at this current point in time. My mortgage is currently 2500 per month if I had to redo it at the current rates, it would be over 4000 per month . This post actually came to be created from my own disbelief when I actually started working back here in New Jersey. I do realize how much of a fool I am and I am working to change things. Financially, everything is perfect but it’s not what I want long-term. Once I find where I want to work, I’ll make the move again and not have to work in the state.

but at the same time I had no clue that the government was going to print unlimited gobs of money based on a pandemic, so take the printed $6 trillion out of the equation and my thoughts may have come true. I still feel as though the fed is trying to print its way out of a bad spot I’m not sure how we can sustain adding $1 trillion in in debt 100 days , but we can thank the current regime for that.

Had I’ve been able to sell my house and upgrade to something larger at a reasonable price but such was not the case after we decided to print all this money. I understand this economy is nationwide, but the states with the bigger incomes are also the states with the bigger price problem.

Dave,

I was only a mediocre student in my macroeconomics courses and econometrics. So please explain to me, using small one syllable words that even I can understand, how the money supply has changed and what your citations are.

1975 Stu Case Rich Levine Good Cop Bad Cop photo rutgers Simone004.jpg

Too many roadie pricks in Scottsdale
If anyone travels to Phoenix I suggest going to Regroup cycles which is a coffee shop & roadie bike shop.

Buy a cup of coffee and sit and watch the roadies come in.

I bet you can't last an hour before punching some asshole with $500 pulley wheels on their derailleur.

Good news is Biden got that all cleared up. Go Biden!! Obama left us with a $4.5 gazillion surplus.

Oh wait - none of that happened.
No the last time we had a surplus and a balanced budget when President Clinton was in and the last time we had a surplus in NJ was when Gov. Florio was in........ And what did they have in common???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom