Car-spotting thread

The fanciest rental car that I ever had for work was a nicely equipped Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was also the only rental car that has left me completely stranded. We were out in a fairly remote location in Virginia and at the end of the day it wouldn't start. Push button start didn't do anything. Went through all of the backup "take the key apart" type of things and just zero response from the vehicle. We hadn't left anything on and it was extremely new/low mileage so shouldn't have really needed a new battery. Ended up waiting multiple hours for the rental car company to deliver a replacement and tow that thing out of there. Also had a Jeep Liberty as a rental car, which was about the biggest POS I've ever driven.

Two strongly negative data points. Will never consider a Jeep in the future.

The fanciest rental car that I ever had for work was a nicely equipped Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was also the only rental car that has left me completely stranded. We were out in a fairly remote location in Virginia and at the end of the day it wouldn't start. Push button start didn't do anything. Went through all of the backup "take the key apart" type of things and just zero response from the vehicle. We hadn't left anything on and it was extremely new/low mileage so shouldn't have really needed a new battery. Ended up waiting multiple hours for the rental car company to deliver a replacement and tow that thing out of there. Also had a Jeep Liberty as a rental car, which was about the biggest POS I've ever driven.

Two strongly negative data points. Will never consider a Jeep in the future.
We rented a Wagoneer which is like an 80k vehicle this year and a Pacifica mini-van. Only reason we ended up with the Wagoneer was we rented a mini-van and they were all out so they gave us that.

Mind boggling garbage. The Wagoneer was so horrible to deal with the whole user interface. Nearly crashed multiple times trying to just turn off the heated seats. They clearly took the whole interface that they put in the mini-van and "upscaled" it while making it even more garbage. The amount of gadgets on the Wagoneer that I'm sure would be broken by 50k hurts my brain.

I will say that the Wagoneer was kind of horrible to drive because it was so big but it was a comfortable drive and handled really well.

I have no idea why people have cars sitting out on their lawns down here in the south. In the North I got paid $$ by junkyards to come haul junk cars away. But the #1 vehicle I see sitting on properties is Jeep Libertys.

Back
Top Bottom