Post your BooBoo's

I hope the guy that hit you has platnium
Level insurance too. Damn.

Useful factoid for NJ bikers. If you get hit by a passenger car as pedestrian/biker your own auto insurance is primary coverage for your own medical costs and your health insurance is secondary. So check what your Personal Injury Protection limit is. My costs for the first week were $200K+.

Additionally most auto insurance policies have us sign away the ability to sue unless any one of a dozen nasty injuries is present. ( I ‘qualify’ in this case ) Not obvious for most of us that our auto insurance might prohibit suing a driver that hits us…

Useful factoid for NJ bikers. If you get hit by a passenger car as pedestrian/biker your own auto insurance is primary coverage for your own medical costs and your health insurance is secondary. So check what your Personal Injury Protection limit is. My costs for the first week were $200K+.

Additionally most auto insurance policies have us sign away the ability to sue unless any one of a dozen nasty injuries is present. ( I ‘qualify’ in this case ) Not obvious for most of us that our auto insurance might prohibit suing a driver that hits us…
Lawfully required insurance that is allowed to place exemptions on coverage while operating as a for-profit business is the 2nd biggest grift out there. Hope you continue to heal up well and are compensated beyond your expectations.

Thanks for pointing this out jeez.

Well I guess this is where the personal injury attorneys jump in the mix and force to sue the crap out of them to get fair compensation.

Hoping the healing continues looks like a long road between the leg and the shoulder.

All i have so far...scheduling surgery for inguinal hernia. Anyone been through this and will i really be off the bike for 4-6 weeks?

Attachments

• PXL_20240103_235205061.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240103_235205061.MP.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 68
All i have so far...scheduling surgery for inguinal hernia. Anyone been through this and will i really be off the bike for 4-6 weeks?
Are you having laparoscopic or open surgery? I had open surgery, with a mesh patch, for an inguinal hernia at the end of October. I would agree 4 to 6 weeks. Be kind to yourself during recovery but get up and walk around a bit. Do not try to lift much during the 4 to 6 weeks period and when you start riding, keep it easy and gauge for yourself how you feel. Things will hurt and sting.

Late last week smashed my big toe on the bed frame. Hurt like a MF but just figured it was bruised or maybe broken but they don’t do anything for it at the doc anyway. Iced it and went about normal things like riding, dog walk snowblower etc... with no issues.

the day after the storm I ago woke up to some pretty intense pain and throbbing. Noticed it looked much more swollen around the base of the nail and I could feel the pressure anytime I touched it.

I’ve had this happen before and knew the only way was to drain it (trephination - be careful if you google that). After soaking it in warm water and epsom salted Used the smallest drill bit I had (yes I sterilized it) and successfully made a hole manually for all the nasty stuff to come out. whew Instant relief.

Soaked it some more and 2 times a day been cleaning, draining and covering with a small band aid. Feels 100% back to normal even if it’s still a little purple. Just hope I don’t lose the nail 6 months from now.

First pic is a few days ago and it had gotten more swollen than that. 2nd pic is post draining. Figured to mask the pics for those that don't like toes and feet pics.

1708034680731.png

IMG_4566.jpeg

Late last week smashed my big toe on the bed frame. Hurt like a MF but just figured it was bruised or maybe broken but they don’t do anything for it at the doc anyway. Iced it and went about normal things like riding, dog walk snowblower etc... with no issues.

the day after the storm I ago woke up to some pretty intense pain and throbbing. Noticed it looked much more swollen around the base of the nail and I could feel the pressure anytime I touched it.

I’ve had this happen before and knew the only way was to drain it (trephination - be careful if you google that). After soaking it in warm water and epsom salted Used the smallest drill bit I had (yes I sterilized it) and successfully made a hole manually for all the nasty stuff to come out. whew Instant relief.

Soaked it some more and 2 times a day been cleaning, draining and covering with a small band aid. Feels 100% back to normal even if it’s still a little purple. Just hope I don’t lose the nail 6 months from now.

First pic is a few days ago and it had gotten more swollen than that. 2nd pic is post draining. Figured to mask the pics for those that don't like toes and feet pics.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom