Things that make you smile :)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Soooo, my youngest being a performing arts student at SCAD sometimes gets calls from the SCAD casting office to be an “Extra” in things filmed in Savannah or Atlanta. He’s been in a few episodes for various HULU original shows and alike. About a year or so ago he was an extra in a “Big Budget“ film shot mostly in the Savannah / Hilton Head area. He was mostly a nameless faceless soldier during a few battle scenes. Unless you knew exactly where and when to look, you’ll never see him. Normal extra stuff. This time he got a call from the casting office to come in for a few days of additional work. Turns out that he happens to look a lot like the actual brother of one of the two leads. They filmed two scenes, one that had him VERY visible and the other more of part of a conversation in the background. As luck would have it, the close up didn’t make the theatrical release, but the second DID! he’s only on screen for a couple of seconds…. But he’s there. (excuse my piss poor mark-up skills)

The film is called Devotion and is in theaters now. It’s actually a fantastic film, it’s baffling to me why it isn’t being marketed more heavily.

105CC1D8-579A-4689-9EDB-2AEB3CF969E4.jpeg

Last edited:

iman29

This may be in the humble brag category but as I’m sitting here with my recovery compression boots on I’m smiling that I took on a big challenge today from my MTB/roadie friends. Martys did MTB event today which was supposed to be Black Friday but it rained so they did it today.

4 parks (LewMo, Tourne, SSP and Dickerson Mine)
5-6 miles each Loop (guided with lead and sweep)
8am, 10am ,12pm, 2pm.

I had signed up early but was pretty much not going until about 8pm last night when a case of FOMO took over. Being an “advanced beginner and that I have never been to Tourne before or could estimate how long each ride would really take, me I went for it anyway. Had a cooler with Gatorade and food snacks in the car. Brought extra baselayers hats and jerseys to change. Hell I even brought and extra tire if I shredded one.

I was totally anxious about getting done and not being late to the next ride. And also not injuring myself or wrecking my bike but as the day went on I got more confidence and my fitness level is pretty good so I was able to stay midpack (well except Tourne which I will never ride again too rocky for me.)

So here’s the result which means I qualified for a free gift of a new Troy Lee Helmet but mostly gaining some MTB skills and meeting more new friendly MTB folks that really helped me out today.

0B957BBD-072A-4AE9-8E95-A08C71675AC0.jpegB95D456B-04BD-4EEC-8482-29F3A96704CF.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This may be in the humble brag category but as I’m sitting here with my recovery compression boots on I’m smiling that I took on a big challenge today from my MTB/roadie friends. Martys did MTB event today which was supposed to be Black Friday but it rained so they did it today.

8am, 10am ,12pm, 2pm.

I had signed up early but was pretty much not going until about 8pm last night when a case of FOMO took over. Being an “advanced beginner and that I have never been to Tourne before or could estimate how long each ride would really take, me I went for it anyway. Had a cooler with Gatorade and food snacks in the car. Brought extra baselayers hats and jerseys to change. Hell I even brought and extra tire if I shredded one.

I was totally anxious about getting done and not being late to the next ride. And also not injuring myself or wrecking my bike but as the day went on I got more confidence and my fitness level is pretty good so I was able to stay midpack (well except Tourne which I will never ride again too rocky for me.)

So here’s the result which means I qualified for a free gift of a new Troy Lee Helmet but mostly gaining some MTB skills and meeting more new friendly MTB folks that really helped me out today.

View attachment 201081View attachment 201082
That's a f'in win.
Well done.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

8am, 10am ,12pm, 2pm.

View attachment 201081View attachment 201082
combine those... 80% off new bike!!!

Top Bottom