6 Mile Run Conditions

Can anyone report how much rain fell this morning at 6 Mile and will it be good for Saturday morning? Looking to ride then stopping at Halter's to pick up my 31/31 water bottle and buy something.

Can anyone report how much rain fell this morning at 6 Mile and will it be good for Saturday morning? Looking to ride then stopping at Halter's to pick up my 31/31 water bottle and buy something.

.36" not enough to even get the ground wet.

.36" not enough to even get the ground wet.

Thanks. Got a good soaking here in 08007 this morning around 4am and lasted until about 6am. 1.46"

Doesn't really matter - they should just pick one. There's a trail system in FL I did a few times that is similar to 6mr and they alternate loop directions every month. I always start from the canal lot so I prefer to go east on blue first
That could work at 6MR if there were real loops, but the trail is more linear. I've been using the timber bell and found that helpful for improving awareness for people (hikers & bikers) with blind corners etc. Although some people seem to be oblivious to the bell and/or basic trail right of way and etiquette...

Attachments

• SixMileRunReservoirSite_r20181005.pdf
    955.3 KB · Views: 70
That could work at 6MR if there were real loops, but the trail is more linear. I've been using the timber bell and found that helpful for improving awareness for people (hikers & bikers) with blind corners etc. Although some people seem to be oblivious to the bell and/or basic trail right of way and etiquette...

Were you out yesterday? I was grabbing a quick cliff bar at the red/blue split around 630pm and heard a guy with a timber bell from a ways away--I thought that was such a great idea!

Were you out yesterday? I was grabbing a quick cliff bar at the red/blue split around 630pm and heard a guy with a timber bell from a ways away--I thought that was such a great idea!
No, unfortunately it's been a few weeks since i've ridden but i'm glad to hear :) it's catching on! Looking forward to riding tomorrow though

Hit 6 mile this afternoon, I think I saw 2 bikers total on the entire trail? Did everyone go on vacation? 😄

Anyway trails are super dry, almost too dry. But should be good for this weekend.

Buddy of mine and I did a SS ride there at 6:30 Thursday evening and finished up right at last light. It must have rained a tad the day before since there were a couple of puddles here and there and trail dust was at a minimum ( I didn’t get the six mile tan). Came across a few riders, maybe one of them was @CarltonH ?

I did the same thing yesterday. First time in Halters- its a kick-ass shop. I could do some major financial damage to myself in there. Got the bottle and a few other things and headed to 6 mile. Trails are primo.

Hit 6 mile this afternoon, I think I saw 2 bikers total on the entire trail? Did everyone go on vacation? 😄

Anyway trails are super dry, almost too dry. But should be good for this weekend.
Was there early Saturday morning today. Not a puddle in sight. Over the entire trail, there was like one or two soft spots but nothing I would call mud. Miles and miles of hard packed red clay.

20220813_080830.jpg
20220813_080840.jpg

I did the same thing yesterday. First time in Halters- its a kick-ass shop. I could do some major financial damage to myself in there. Got the bottle and a few other things and headed to 6 mile. Trails are primo.
Trails were perfect this morning. Rode from the canal lot and didn't see too many other riders as I made my way to Rt27 lot. Not the case on the return on blue. I used my Spurcycle bell ALOT. Didn't matter if earbuds were being used. Went to Halter's after. Had a good talk with @jdog , got the bottle, and grabbed a tire and 11sp cassette.
20220813_102801.jpg

20220813_112805.jpg
20220813_112813.jpg

20220813_134754.jpg

qq - what's the total round trip if you start from Jacques --> Canal --> Rt. 27 --> back to Jacques Lane via White/Red? Is it 13miles one way? I am hoping to do round trip in late October with stops but want to gauge endurance (number of likely stops) requirement before I attempt that :)

qq - what's the total round trip if you start from Jacques --> Canal --> Rt. 27 --> back to Jacques Lane via White/Red? Is it 13miles one way? I am hoping to do round trip in late October with stops but want to gauge endurance (number of likely stops) requirement before I attempt that :)
You mean take white, blue and red out and back from Jacques? I recently did Jacques to Canal to blue to red to orange and back to Jacques. Just keep in mind I did not go as far as rt 27 and took orange but it came out to about 13 miles so sounds about right.

Screenshot_20220815-172901_Strava.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions