Classic bike ride, show, parade?

Cafe Dave

@Fire Lord Jim - thanks for organizing this event! I was running super late, but was still motivated to get out and explore LewMo solo with the assumption the group was long gone. But lucky for me, I was still able to join the group for a fun ride :) :)

I don't think I would have had the confidence to take the 'classic' out on a trail with city slickers tires but the bike rode surprisingly well. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new riders.

Karate Monkey

PXL_20210614_001538879.jpg

What I rode, what I ride in the winter, and what I use frequently. It's funny how the head angles aren't all that different, but how much more capable a large tire/suspension fork is going down.

I do like the drops quite a bit, even off road. Loose grip, and even if the hands bounced, they didn't go anywhere.

Cafe Dave

I sooooo wish I brought this bike Saturday
You asked about it, too.. but I had no idea it was a real basket bike cruiser with fenders, kickstand and all. And on top of that would you have worn your flipflops?! (like your Round Valley ride earlier??) 😅🤩 Too funny - amazing at the same time.

Mare

You asked about it, too.. but I had no idea it was a real basket bike cruiser with fenders, kickstand and all. And on top of that would you have worn your flipflops?! (like your Round Valley ride earlier??) 😅🤩 Too funny - amazing at the same time.
Flip flops are the only way to go!

one piece crank

Yesterday I cleaned and lubed my '89 Wicked Fat Chance, then took it for a quick loop around the neighborhood. What a great feeling, but a little disconcerting to think about the difficult terrain I used to ride it on!

Fire Lord Jim

I am gauging the interest in repeating the classic vintage bike ride. Same location, probably around September. Let me know if you would attend. Thanks.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Pending family obligations, I would definitely return (and hopefully actually ride this time).

Top Bottom