A Wookies return.....

serviceguy

Today marked 6 days of riding in a row. I feel a tiny bit stronger each ride, I love it, but now my ankle is a little sore…..thank you Cypro. It’s weird that I’ve had only 2 major issues with my health so far in life and both involved negative reactions. Cypro was the antibiotic I took for pneumonia which weakened my Achilles’ tendon and Erbitux for cancer which…..killed me for a short while. I ain’t taking any new shit anymore, unless it’s chain lube! Hopefully I can get out tomorrow for a few laps around the hood…gonna smoke some ribs tomorrow so I need to stay close….priorities!!!
You rode more than I did since the beginning of the year then, and I'm not kidding either. The pup took all my riding privileges from me, I've just now resumed walking her while riding my mike...need to make the drive down to the southern territories for that rail ride, the wife is polishing the e-bike for the occasion! Kidding aside I'm so glad to hear that things are improving.

Keep on keeping doing what you're doing!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
Well it’s been a while since my last update, so here it goes…….
Chemo was delayed 3 times so far, 2 for low platelet count and once for low neutrophil levels which is all chemo related effects. This morning I was supposed to meet my oncologist to discuss my future as I only have 2 chemo weeks left but I had to cancel after a call this morning from them that my insurance was inactive. Nice surprise!!! This info comes after we received word that my mother in law, who is in a care facility recovering from covid, fell and fractured her hip while doing something she shouldn’t do. Imagine my surprise when I found out she and my wife were suffering effects of covid, I honestly though my wife had just pushed herself too hard caring for a cancer patient and a 92 y/o mom with dementia. Thankfully I was not suffering any symptoms of covid which honestly had me quite frightened as I thought that a bad case of covid may just end me. Somehow, and I’m puzzled by this, my immune system which is compromised by chemo, was strong enough to keep me “healthy” through this.
So today I ventured out of my cocoon and drove to work and was hoping to discuss my insurance situation with my general manager. Yeah, he quit and moved to Pittsburgh and has not been replaced yet. That could be the reason for the foul up, time will tell. The good thing is everyone seemed quite pleased to see me and I spent many hours answering the same questions over and over….but they all seemed genuinely concerned for me.
Tomorrow is when mom’s surgery is scheduled and I hope that goes well. It’s hard watching people you love mentally disappear and sadly she seems to want to do herself in. It’s quite a strange thing to hear her say she wants to die as I’m trying desperately to live. My own mother is struggling with life as she has had a couple of strokes and can’t speak well at all. She seems to only be able to talk out of one side of her mouth. She is mobile though and can get around without much assistance while my mother in law is completely dependent on others….hence the reason for her fall.
I am praying that I can live another 10-15 years without becoming a burden to my family, or society. Chances are that my goal is lofty, but I would rather die crashing my bike after a big drop and not sticking the landing as apposed to sitting in a chair hoping someone will take care of me.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry to hear of tall of the recent "stuff" in your world @Frank. It seems you've been absorbing a bunch of body blows these last couple years, and I can empathize with that...high time life send you some good news. Sending you and your family happy and healing thoughts, and as always let me know if there's anything I can do to help out in any way.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Geez Frank I don't know what Emoji to use for that one. Thinking about you all thye time. I think you are here for a reason and you ain't going nowhere. You're here to help everyone and to be the go to Big Guy that everyone needs. STAY WOOKIE STRONG. Hope things go well with MIL..

Frank

Sasquatch
Thank you all. Yes it is a rough time but I’m most inspired by my wife, such amazing strength.
Anyway, thank you for listening to me vent. I pray that this will pass and better things are ahead. Warmer temps are starting to creep up and I will hopefully be able to spend more time in the woods as I recover. Hopefully I still have a job when I’m able to work again but I’m ready to stand at a door and say “welcome to Walmart” if need be.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Keep the faith Frank! You’ve been through hell and back several times and are the living example of perseverance. Hoping for a full recovery for you AND for the ills that befall your loved ones.

Johnny Utah

I hope this does not come off as insensitive but this is a tough one to respond to.

On my recent road trip i overheard a girl at a bar provide this advise to her friend “life is like a penis, sometimes it’s up sometimes it’s down. It’s not going to be hard forever, so just ride it out”

Hang in there buddy! If anyone can, it’s you!

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Frank

Sasquatch
I hope this does not come off as insensitive but this is a tough one to respond to.

On my recent road trip i overheard a girl at a bar provide this advise to her friend “life is like a penis, sometimes it’s up sometimes it’s down. It’s not going to be hard forever, so just ride it out”

Hang in there buddy! If anyone can, it’s you!

Looking forward to seeing you out there!
Omg that is so spot on!! LOL

Frank

Sasquatch
I did get some good news today…mom in law had her surgery and she is doing well. My wife is in a much better place today as well!!!

My companies benefits department is working on my insurance issue as I should be covered until June 1st and a COBRA package should be heading my way. Now I just need to see if they want me back.

serviceguy

I did get some good news today…mom in law had her surgery and she is doing well. My wife is in a much better place today as well!!!

My companies benefits department is working on my insurance issue as I should be covered until June 1st and a COBRA package should be heading my way. Now I just need to see if they want me back.
Any positive makes a difference, and more importantly can completely change one's general perception...I'm not even sure I understand what I just wrote but it's out there now...looking forward to the path ride I was promised, Donna and Bailey L. are training for it as well. Let's go! I don't have any #s for now. Over.

Frank

Sasquatch
Any positive makes a difference, and more importantly can completely change one's general perception...I'm not even sure I understand what I just wrote but it's out there now...looking forward to the path ride I was promised, Donna and Bailey L. are training for it as well. Let's go! I don't have any #s for now. Over.
I’m ready when you are, let’s talk.

serviceguy

I’m ready when you are, let’s talk.
Uhm, dunno. Looks like there are some shady characters in your neck of the woods…
992B059E-9BF4-4E7D-9054-69391C9BB785.jpeg

Frank

Sasquatch
It was a fantastic weekend for me!!! I got to ride with @serviceguy, his lovely bride, and his cute pup on Saturday. It was a rail trail ride because we were not sure how the pup would do. And today I got to the trails in time to see @mike_243 and @Mitch after they finished with tm. It was good catching up with those two. When I got home I cut my lawn, my neighbors front yard and did some trimming and grass blowing. I also broke out Bertha and cut a tree stump in my neighbors yard and modified a stump in my yard so it will hold flowers. Now I am toast and ready to sit in the chair tomorrow and zone out while they pump chemicals into me. Now I need coffee!!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
Today I start what I hope will be my last week of chemo and I have mixed emotions. As those of you that have been following this thread already know, I’ve been here before. My doctor warned me that it may come back with a vengeance and it did. So now I wonder if it will come back again and that worries me because they can’t administer this form of chemo again. He spoke of doing a maintenance plan with a drug that is similar to what I’m getting now…..I hope I don’t have a negative reaction to that one. Stupid fears that I can’t seem to purge from my brain, but I did come by it honestly.
On the cool front……my riding is improving and I am definitely getting stronger. I did a 9 mile ride at Allaire on Friday last week and I felt great and was not super exhausted when I got home! Progress!!

I just want to thank you all for the continued calls, emails, and texts of support! I am truly humbled by everyone’s love!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom