The First (possibly annual) MTBNJam - 2022

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There’s trails. It’s just he’s the only one who can see them.

1650714150944.gif

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
More details of the day are coming along. In the next few weeks, expect the event to get more and more fleshed out.

Register here:

Registration: Bagels & Coffee sponsored by Tenafly Bicycle Workshop

The day will start at 8:00 with user registration. The team will be there before this, of course. So if you arrive a few minutes early we can get things going when people get there. The first hour of the day is dedicated to getting to know each other, as well as enjoying some free bagels and coffee, courtesy of Tenafly Bicycle Workshop. Due to supply chain issues, Tenafly is not able to supply the normal fleet of demo bikes for the event. Instead, Shepherd has offered to make us all a little less hungry and a little more amped for the morning.

This is also a chance to get to know each other, and what else is on tap for the day. While we know not everyone will get there by 8:00, we encourage people to show up to get to know some of your mountain biking peers. Feel free to do so with a bagel and cup of coffee.

tenafly.png

Gene

The Dancing Machine
17 of 25 those registered are from Team MTBNJ? That is a lot of orange/blue combo.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there going to be some swag to be purchased (event specific/MTBNJ.com/JORBA t-shirt) ?

I do have stuff, but I need to keep some of it for our fundraising.

So there will be a little, not sure how much. We considered t-shirts and adding $10 but we really have no idea how well this will be attended.

iman29

Question for the planning committee

Could I bring along my 15 year old since I would be on the beginner rides anyway ? He’s got an upgrade this season to an XCaliber 7 29r so much more capable bike.

Thanks.
So after further review the 15 year old is now asking if anyone else close his age will be there? Guess he had time to think about the cool factor of being the old kid there with his dad and 20-30 other sweaty riders. 🤪

I think I can keep him interested If we have some folks to guide us around the beginner loop a few times. He’s got limited experience but plenty of 15 year old confidence.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what do we have in store for you?
Well some freshly TMed short track (The Lorax Loop) and enduro trail.

Just a sample of what the crew churned out today

This is the trail (under all that)
973780AF-D2C1-40F4-82D4-F7051FC3F984.jpeg

We could have just cut in a go-round, but nope, that’s not how the O&B rolls.
5D5011E2-31CE-4EE8-BB3A-AFE82C087446.jpeg

0195227C-8EBB-4A1D-90D9-F788ED004B77.jpeg

See? I told you there was trail under there.
4C368230-018D-4146-AD26-B4B869BCD517.jpeg

See you all in June!

serviceguy

So what do we have in store for you?
Well some freshly TMed short track (The Lorax Loop) and enduro trail.

Just a sample of what the crew churned out today

This is the trail (under all that)
View attachment 184736

We could have just cut in a go-round, but nope, that’s not how the O&B rolls.
View attachment 184734

View attachment 184733

See? I told you there was trail under there.
View attachment 184735

See you all in June!
I see several evidence of safety violation with regard to chainsaw operations… @Kirt ?!?! ;)

Top Bottom