Allaire Conditions

Karate Monkey

How are conditions? Still good or did you guys get a-lot of rain over the weekend?

Excellent. No standing water this evening, though I didn't ride every trail; the river trail was pretty much bone dry/tacky at worst.

I'd expect that Mick's probably has a teeny bit of soft corners left, and the bridge next to the car is probably a bit soft/muddy still. That spot will need some serious rebuild/rework since this winter.

Johnny Utah

Startin to do wurk

70DBDDB8-9DEF-45DF-A6A7-709B710B632E.jpeg
10EAEA34-4D8E-44B5-9D47-653C69BE94EF.jpeg

mfennell

Ugh. 45 minutes into my ride yesterday - broken spoke. Conditions looked mint. Looks like I need a straight pull 1.8 or 2.0 (1.9? - the tool is loose on the 2.0, 1.8 won't fit!) 296mm spoke. Those do not seem to grow on trees.

Good thing I just sold my back up bike because I never ride it!

Reactions: don

Karate Monkey

Ugh. 45 minutes into my ride yesterday - broken spoke. Conditions looked mint. Looks like I need a straight pull 1.8 or 2.0 (1.9? - the tool is loose on the 2.0, 1.8 won't fit!) 296mm spoke. Those do not seem to grow on trees.

Good thing I just sold my back up bike because I never ride it!

Brielle has a 15g spoke rolling head, but yeah, 296 is pretty damn long. You aren't measuring the diameter at the threads, are you? That would measure 'wrong'.

Bikeworks

Got there at 9:30, conditions were outstanding!!! Trying to branch out and familiarize myself with the layout, I stumbled across the jump line on the parking lot side, never been to that before. Tried my hand at a few, managed to not dead-sailor or hit any trees!

Side note, my Enduro is way too much bike for there, even set up for trails like I have it; but boy does that thing cook downhill!! And it just hooks up on every turn, even in the sand. Really loving it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions