Recovery is the new Black (The Sober Thread)

amazing (embarassing) how much money you save when you give up drinking.
It's the big beers that put a hurt on my wallet. I work for a wholesaler and do not pay for alcohol. Irony is I have over 400 bottles of wine in my collection, and I have come to the realization that me and wine are not a good combo :shrug:. I love whiskey, but it makes me belligerent.

I'm rolling Sober-Tober into Mostly-November. To be honest, I really don't miss it all that much and the positive feedback from my wife and kids makes it that much easier.

Apparently there is something called NO-vember so that's what I'll call this for now.
Weekend went ok.. We got pizza Friday and Indian on Saturday and paired them both a fine lemon/lime seltzer.

pbHr7qsRqK6NuFrPn4E4IfVyVi09REGmkSIyagmfIrXeeFNlRb9xgiY_WprbUJdV4Hya9XWEa1-kJpJl8GHZ4x8f30y9QGTMDrSbQq7LocBlxDfDrRPXUr2QkqO6VldSUsONr2M4D_VooYojTRRuOJzQ-zZSIq74-W0ekYlW92m7TEb7O6DJmdeSyFa6b2DRXJf9_13FXaLXSkljJGKdyhTiKPlP24iJIJ8q8U6f9BuRM_Yl19PwNtyI3FUWK-DH9gQfNCtBPuJeqU9xKGBETW4RbtoOLwCeEMS2UlEIJZuTnIXjg_AgzfiMOcjzluUsyGA63yTn371QsCIz1CvSGqOoXR3aFYJlHXoPT49l7qib1atzV5Gi46_xpBFHo9kq95Y89p79Ik92KzCoFHZGfaeTw8S3B8dYyEQEPfGiPI62Jcd7lia9GpAnRk8Mk55dYRzFwPb0I05reORUcxZ4NkxdJLUO80wysJIimSr6hFVtnINjRWFsM2ANDh-4iHxEo0sLurWSJ_MzeHd25-G4eaQ984kNw371GNG6XC5-ZcdYmE7j8TqLqrKvqF7uTJR3tYLmVSt48pQcX7r4KFklSMnZI_p8AnALpPjLEyy8bfZ5JydxinVubiVJ_w1pP12O9KzORVtQLWqdhWKyzGNTOpipDaWOwfVIxUsJaqHCO2oVwOhQZ9C0YXUmgfEsgbx0Wgzy3N6R245Zv5ryt6SDMwPLtQ=w686-h914-no

Had a few beers in Philly last week while seeing a show...NBD. Nothing since.
New goal is to get past Thanksgiving which, would be the first time in 30 years for a dry turkey (not the meat).

No plans to keep updating or to not drink in the future but we shall see.

In the words of the poet Ice Cube...
You better check yo self before you wreck yo self

@Zaskar I just read your story - I sincerely hope you and your family are slowly healing from your loss. I'm sure the holidays without him were particularly difficult and you are all in my thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm ready - really ready.
actually woke-up a couple times this week and had to decide if the symptoms were c19 or just a mild hangover.
ya think my body is trying to tell me something? ya think i'd listen.
also returning is the daily antacid. Hasn't happened in years. I just thought it was something that our family "had"
until i dialed everything back and lost the extra weight about 10 years ago.
most of the back pain subsided, and sleep was easier to come by.
Ya think an overworked digestive system can keep you awake? I do.

It is time.

Back
Top Bottom