• Stupid

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Both

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
She already uses the app for workouts and yoga.
Between us it will become a piece to hang clothes but I could be wrong…. I guess it’s the allure of take a class whenever you want them humble brag about your 100th ride and get a shout out OMFG!

I’m tired of resisting and talking about it really

she can do what she wants.
:D

if she doesn't play that card for the next couple years.....

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Now this is also making me wonder if there's going to be workout equipment for sale that was bought up during Covid.

As someone who works in the fitness industry, the answer is YES. There will be a lot of used exercise equipment (including Pelotons) on Craigslist this summer.

We have a Peloton bike. I use it occasionally in the winter months. My wife uses it a lot. Bought it used right before the pandemic for $900. We also have a treadmill. Not the Peloton one but a decent home version by LifeFitness. I set up a big TV in front of the machines. My wife’s casts the treadmill classes from her phone app onto the TV. She also does this with the strength classes and I’ll occasionally put on one of Peloton’s yoga or stretch classes. To us it’s worth the monthly subscription.

And it makes me feel sexy AF.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, whatever they are doing it is working. Ads plus seeing friends social etc

Wife has said multiple times she wants to make the switch. Didn’t want to be a Peloton owner 🤦‍♂️ But I don’t foresee having much time to zwift anymore…

Would be good to hear anyone here have honest use review of Peloton bike?

Promos you’ve seen?

Any rumor about Gen 4 bike? Gonna suck to keep upgrading hardware.
If you use it, it’s great. If you don’t, then it just gets in the way.
Currently ours is just in the way. I had a good routine going last spring, doing spin, stretching, strength, or yoga pretty much every day.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my wife has one, Her review below.

I started off using the bike almost everyday, doing short recovery rides on my rest days. I find it extremely convenient to be able to hop on at any time of the day and not have to drive to the gym or sign up for a class (also a barre teacher and thus have a membership there). What they don't advertise is the monthly fee, its $39.99 a month to hook up your bike to the digital platform, that being said you get everything that peloton digital has so yoga, strength, barre, pilates, tread, etc. Also, you can create as many 'accounts' on your bike as you wish so everyone in your family can have their own. If you don't want to buy the bike straight away you can use the peloton digital app with a regular stationary bike (I think that's 9.99 a month) but you don't get the same features as the branded bike like output numbers for the leader board. My referral code is AH2PFX, that gets you $100 off. I think there is a current promo going on for the holidays too. If you're near the Short Hills mall there is a store there if you want to check them out.

gcab

Was gonna chime in that we went the ghetto Peloton route: Schwinn IC4 bike and peloton app.
Pros: $15 a month for the app vs $45 if you have the bike. Bike less expensive. Use chromecase on the ipad to send it to the big screen basement tv. Cadence and HR from the bike do BT to the iPad to have that in the app. SPD pedals so I dont need the stupid single use peloton shoes.
Cons: No power/output (if you want that), the "levels" don't like up exactly, but people on reddit have created a correlation.

Would do it again the way I did it 100%

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
We have a Peloton bike and recently got a Tread. I use the bike occasionally but haven't touched the Tread yet. Wifey uses them everyday and is obsessed. She loves the "achievements" and shoutouts but she's also really committed and getting/staying really fit. Without the social aspects of it, she would definitely be less committed. Convenience of having it in the basement for use whenever is great but you don't need Peloton brand for that. Hopping on the bike for 20-60 min is much more convenient than driving to a trail for a "real" ride which is like a 3-4 hour endeavor for me but obviously not as fun. It is stupid expensive but she's my sugar momma so it's on her. We got the bike right before COVID hit and it was perfect timing - for our family, it's worth it.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
One more note is that wifey originally had the FlyWheel at home bike before Peloton and was pretty into it and also went to Millburn FlyWheel studio. Peloton sued FlyWheel out of business and we got the Peloton bike as a free replacement due to being a FlyWheel user. She was kinda pissed at Peloton for that but quickly drank the Peloton Kool Aide.

THATmanMANNY

@gmb3 that’s hilarious

When I first started biking I swear a couple of us old timers on this board (not really active these days) was discussing virtual riding and how it’s possible, brainstorming etc. damn we could be Billionaires today or just the same peasant

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@gmb3 that’s hilarious

When I first started biking I swear a couple of us old timers on this board (not really active these days) was discussing virtual riding and how it’s possible, brainstorming etc. damn we could be Billionaires today or just the same peasant

Did this with a couple peeps too - more multiple scheduled classes, and just jump in.
Gamification would be the draw, more competing against yourself - which would contribute to the overall of the class,
which would meet a team goal.

THATmanMANNY

New CEO says he’s here for the comeback story. Good luck bro…
This is a company that will be acquired take it to its full META potential.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
New CEO says he’s here for the comeback story. Good luck bro…
This is a company that will be acquired take it to its full META potential.
10E2FF75-279B-448D-A423-CA5D4CEEDB13.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Laid off employees crashing the company all-hands meeting was a funny story too.

thegock

PXL_20220124_232504562.MP-01.jpeg

This is my friend's wife's rig. Just after the photo, she came into the den told me that I was over the weight limit and had to get off.

Top Bottom