• Sexist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stupid

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Both

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Blah-haha!

i can't find a funny enough gif to respond! Will forward for alternate christmas present.

hopefully it isn't triple, my heart couldn't handle it. :D

----

I'm developing a theory on the peloton ad tho - it is really people that don't get that some people like to workout.
the couch crowd does not appreciate that this woman is so pressed for time, and yoga with adriene isn't cutting it.
in her new, busy life, she can't get to spin class, or crossfit, or whatever stoked her like she always did. She lost her "own time" - that we so value
like when we get out on the bike
. I'll stretch a bit, and think she was getting a bit depressed over this.
lots of people (not just F) feel pressure to have a "thin/fit" look - and self assessment can be very harsh.
(from comments) yes, 4lbs on a 115lb person is a lot. I know people that stress over those lbs at that weight.

anyway, the SO is a superhero. Finding something for her to make a connection with like minded people on her schedule.

The haters are the people that wake up, and put 8oz of hazelnut pumkin spice in their coffee, while they do a double stack
with butter and syrup, side of bacon, jump in the car with just enough time to get to work. but they go to aqua-aerobics after work,
Then count the minutes down until it is happy hour. and wonder why they are not seeing results.

/rant.
sorry - i keep seeing this stuff pop up on fb and the google feed, and find it ridiculous. if i could have predicted it i would have shorted the shit out of peloton,
then purchased it back, to enjoy the rebound......

ps - the gmc commercial is awesome. he was hesitant to get his SO a truck because of the stigma of a F owning a truck. and it was exactly what she wanted.
/rerant
Now YOU'RE adding made up context. And now i wan t to find if this lady did any depression meds commercials and make a super dark combo commercial where the husband does the voiceover about how concerned he was for her wellbeing and how he's afraid to even leave the kids alone with her while she deals with the guilt of killing that hitchhiker in a drunk hit and run 2 summers ago. Again, excited for the SNL sketch to come this week.

Now YOU'RE adding made up context. And now i wan t to find if this lady did any depression meds commercials and make a super dark combo commercial where the husband does the voiceover about how concerned he was for her wellbeing and how he's afraid to even leave the kids alone with her while she deals with the guilt of killing that hitchhiker in a drunk hit and run 2 summers ago. Again, excited for the SNL sketch to come this week.

i heard a dj on sxm quip that she got him a battery op back shaver for christmas. he didn't know he needed it, but appreciated it! :D

i'm not "making it up" - i'm "interpreting" the story ;)

leave the kids alone with her while she deals with the guilt of killing that hitchhiker in a drunk hit and run 2 summers ago.

i think you have a future on the writing team for Big Little Lies!

Okay, we are now 5 pages in and no one has been put in the box or banned yet.
E3F7A634-BEE0-4141-9A30-525106501676.jpeg

Come on people, it’s winter out-
Try a little, huh?!?

Lame

Well, whatever they are doing it is working. Ads plus seeing friends social etc

Wife has said multiple times she wants to make the switch. Didn’t want to be a Peloton owner 🤦‍♂️ But I don’t foresee having much time to zwift anymore…

Would be good to hear anyone here have honest use review of Peloton bike?

Promos you’ve seen?

Any rumor about Gen 4 bike? Gonna suck to keep upgrading hardware.

Well, whatever they are doing it is working. Ads plus seeing friends social etc

Wife has said multiple times she wants to make the switch. Didn’t want to be a Peloton owner 🤦‍♂️ But I don’t foresee having much time to zwift anymore…

Would be good to hear anyone here have honest use review of Peloton bike?

Promos you’ve seen?

Any rumor about Gen 4 bike? Gonna suck to keep upgrading hardware.
My wife has one. I've used it maybe 5 times in the couple years that we've had it. It's not bad, I just prefer to use the trainer with TrainerRoad while watching TV. I don't think the newest iteration of the bike is too old, it added auto resistance and a rotating screen, I think. I don't see them updating it drastically enough to warrant getting the latest model all the time, but I could be wrong.
I use the app way more than the bike. They have yoga classes, stretching, strength workouts, meditation... There's running classes you can play through your headphones while on a run outside.
If it were just me, I'd never buy the bike or pay for the app, but it's nice to have.
I might actually get the treadmill. I'd actually use it, and we already pay for the subscription, so why not.

One of the women at my last job bought one. She says it’s the largest clothes hanger in the house now. I think a membership to a local gym and committing to spin classes may be a better way to go if someone is starting from scratch.

She already uses the app for workouts and yoga.
Between us it will become a piece to hang clothes but I could be wrong…. I guess it’s the allure of take a class whenever you want them humble brag about your 100th ride and get a shout out OMFG!

I’m tired of resisting and talking about it really

One of the women at my last job bought one. She says it’s the largest clothes hanger in the house now. I think a membership to a local gym and committing to spin classes may be a better way to go if someone is starting from scratch.
Can be said for almost any workout equipment. There's plenty of people who use their peloton equipment or gym memberships quite often. But I'm going to wager most do not.

People need to be realistic if they are going to use these items. It's a big investment, including the monthly.

Now this is also making me wonder if there's going to be workout equipment for sale that was bought up during Covid.

Back
Top Bottom