Things that make you smile :)

Some say the Big A will be the undoing of our society, and they may well be, but when your 7+yr old Logitech mouse starts acting up, I challenge anyone to come up with a better solution. All these things make me smile.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 161213.png

So no dongle and less to go wrong?

well i replace the battery every 6 months, keyboard every year or so.
not sure i'd worry about non-catastrophic single points of failure sitting at a desk,
but i am a scientist, and you are the engineer, so there is that,

we'll check in with @shrpshtr325 - he probably worries about this stuff,

Reactions: w_b
not sure i'd worry about non-catastrophic single points of failure sitting at a desk,

Good timing I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for sale. 🤪

my keyboard and mouse are rechargable and usable while charging, i dont worry about them going bad or failing, keyboards last numerous years and even before they were rechargable the batteries lasted a year or 3, not sure what your overthinking on this one.

p.s. if your on a desktop (or laptop in a dock) there is nothing wrong with wired devices, the wire serves an important purpose of preventing them from getting pushed off the desk and lost by paperwork.

p.s. if your on a desktop (or laptop in a dock) there is nothing wrong with wired devices, the wire serves an important purpose of preventing them from getting pushed off the desk and lost by paperwork.

you have a cat?

I run wireless, and have wired spares ready. The only reason I can think of to run wired is if the keyboard and mouse are lighted,
or the mouse has very high resolution (gaming)

----------------
in other news, I replaced the core switch in my house for wired devices.
This includes running through second desktop switch.

1638447374853.png

I bet they prioritize the traffic to the speedtest servers.

you have a cat?

I run wireless, and have wired spares ready. The only reason I can think of to run wired is if the keyboard and mouse are lighted,

----------------

View attachment 172079

I can't stand wireless keyboards and mice. I have enough batteries to fuck around with already.

you have a cat?

----------------

View attachment 172079

we do have a cat, but hes 15 and sleeps all the time, also hates me and runs out of any room im in. he doesnt chew up wires if thats the point your making. I have wireless at home, the wired mouse was my at work setup (company provided) which i actually ended up replacing with a wireless setup, no wires here anymore (do chargers count? nahhh)

my keyboard and mouse are also capable of being paired with multiple recievers so i can hit a button and switch them between computers (great for WFH where i have work and personal computer on the same desk and screens with KVM)

who is your provider that you have so little upload?

we do have a cat, but hes 15 and sleeps all the time, also hates me and runs out of any room im in. he doesnt chew up wires if thats the point your making. I have wireless at home, the wired mouse was my at work setup (company provided) which i actually ended up replacing with a wireless setup, no wires here anymore (do chargers count? nahhh)

Same here - we have two cats - they never bother the wires around the computer (which is in the basement and they have 24 hr access) or any other wires for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom