Consolidating and saving the Benjamins.

mfennell

My wife would say you haven't been on vacation if you're sleeping in a van and cooking.
It's basically practicing being homeless. :)

I had no idea @Dave Taylor gave welding lessons at home! How did this never come up? I've been making noise about learning to weld forever but never got my shit together. I took votech classes to learn to paint (and use their booth!) but never signed up for welding.

rick81721

Lothar
I had no idea @Dave Taylor gave welding lessons at home! How did this never come up? I've been making noise about learning to weld forever but never got my shit together. I took votech classes to learn to paint (and use their booth!) but never signed up for welding.

Same here - I have always wanted to learn how to weld.

w_b

There’s your answer: Dave’s Learn-to-Weld. You can offer friendly private individual and group lessons. Like Earl Schieb- Dave can teach anyone to weld for $1995. Combine your love for welding and your love of the biking lifestyle and teach people to build frames. Or whatevs.

I set you up with your 1st two customers already.
You’re welcome.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so somewhat related to this topic......I dont love my house and I would like to move....but dam, its SOOOOO nice to be many many years ahead on my mortgage, have 0 debt, no car payments....generally no worries about money.......this in one hand....nicer house in better location + whole lot more debt in the other.

So id say my quality of life is pretty good right now, I can do what I love pretty much everyday....I live 10 min from one of the best mountain biking spots I have ever been to.....my job doesnt stress me out....I can take vacations and go where ever I want, only part i worry about is the planning....so havent yet decided what im doing yet. I would like to move, but only closer to wildcat.....im 10min now, id rather be 5min.

Captain Brainstorm

so somewhat related to this topic......I dont love my house and I would like to move....but dam, its SOOOOO nice to be many many years ahead on my mortgage, have 0 debt, no car payments....generally no worries about money.......this in one hand....nicer house in better location + whole lot more debt in the other.

So id say my quality of life is pretty good right now, I can do what I love pretty much everyday....I live 10 min from one of the best mountain biking spots I have ever been to.....my job doesnt stress me out....I can take vacations and go where ever I want, only part i worry about is the planning....so havent yet decided what im doing yet. I would like to move, but only closer to wildcat.....im 10min now, id rather be 5min.
Same exact situation as you. My house is small, but I just refied last year to a 15yr, making the same payments as my previous 30yr. Would love a bigger house, but nice not to be up to my eyeballs in debt. I live 20min, from the same mtb spot, and 30 from Ringwood. I'll take it. The grass is always greener....

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

soundz like you need to buy a transit, you can park it at the bat cave

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
lol, id have to do what you do...park it in my driveway and post van life pics on the gram

I'd go for something off the back of Bill's garage - somewhat built into the hill like a hobbit.
100' to wildcat. Young D must be college bound? plenty of room. Plus they aren't there xx% of the time
so someone watching the house would be a bonus.

JerseyPete

Same exact situation as you. My house is small, but I just refied last year to a 15yr, making the same payments as my previous 30yr. Would love a bigger house, but nice not to be up to my eyeballs in debt. I live 20min, from the same mtb spot, and 30 from Ringwood. I'll take it. The grass is always greener....
You may be better with the devil you know than the one you don't. Do you get along with your current neighbors? Who knows what you will be moving next to in your next home, unless we are talking acres of land and you won't even see them.

Top Bottom