The MetsThread

Mr. E Man

They did the right thing and fired the guy ASAP. If this was the wilpons, this guy would but around till spring training and be a huge distraction.
Now when we get to spring training it won’t even be a discussion.
Couple more FA signing(s) it won't be a discussion.

Cassinonorth

I personally wouldn't want Bauer on my team. He seems like the worst type of person. Not to mention he had an absolute cupcake schedule all year in 2020:

The average hitter that Bauer faced in 2020 had a .231 batting average, a .695 OPS and an OPS+ of 88 at the end of the year. All well below league average. Based on those averages, this is like facing Mike Tauchman (aka best Mike T. in MLB, who had a .242 avg, .648 ops, 83 OPS+ ) or Jay Bruce (.198, .721, 88) 278 times.

He faced 278 batters in 2020 and struck out 100 of them. However, not a single team that he faced in the regular season struck out less than league average. Only three of his starts were against teams that were outside of the top 6 in strikeouts.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny our biggest pitching choice blew the game. It's a met theme that seems to fit the bill not that watched. With MLB now playing politics I am officially checking out, I will eyeball scores and stats but I want my sports to entertain not be political pawns. I will do my part to boycott.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
which politics? Real question btw.
the players assoc told mlb that they would not play in the all-star game this year in atlanta if the new voter laws remain in place.
mlb moved the game to denver.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I finished reading "So Many Ways to Lose" by Devin Gordon last night. It's a must read for every Mets fan. It's hysterical in parts (e.g., how they got their name, anything related to Jeff Wilpon, the authors way of referencing anything related to the Yankees, and then there's Chapter 17) and poignant in others (the real story behind Mackey Sasser's yips, the stories of Tommy Agee and Cleon Jones), but most importantly, every single Met fan alive can relate to Gordon's story in some real way. I think I suffered a PTSD episode reading the chapter on the 2006 NLCS (... he struck out looking, people ...) In all seriousness, I think I laughed at least once or twice every chapter.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Looks like that little thumbs-down stunt got the slumping middle of the infield to wake up.

Could be a decent September if they can get a game or two closer. They close the season with a 3 gamer against atlanta
Gotta go through the Yanks and Boston before then tho.

Mr. E Man

Looks like that little thumbs-down stunt got the slumping middle of the infield to wake up.

Could be a decent September if they can get a game or two closer. They close the season with a 3 gamer against atlanta
Gotta go through the Yanks and Boston before then tho.
Regardless what happens. Rojas needs to go.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
If you aren't watching "Once Upon a Time in Queens", you really should be. The 30-for-30 doc on the '86 Mets continues with parts 3 and 4 tonight, but parts 1 & 2 are available on the ESPN app, and probably onDemand. For anyone who read "The Bad Guys Won", there isn't a ton of new revelations here, but just the opportunity to hear the players themselves describe it all is fantastic. I think I had a smile on my face for every minute of the two hours last night. I'll bet every single Met fan who was alive in '86 has at least one story of that season that they'll never forget, and the doc dives into the season in a way that really brings it all back. This might be the best thing I've watched on TV in years (and I already know almost everything these guys are talking about.)

Top Bottom