Fourth Party
I was there!

Photo dump of last concerts …
BLS, Obituary, prong
Megadeth, LOG, trivium
Slipknot, Killswitch engage
Alex Skolnick jazzy quintet
Jason BONHAM Led Zeppelin evening
View attachment 170825View attachment 170826View attachment 170827View attachment 170828View attachment 170829View attachment 170830View attachment 170831View attachment 170832View attachment 170833View attachment 170834
What Megadeth show were you at, PNC? I was there after a 13 hour work day, got my usual secret spot on the lawn and just as LOG finished the skies opened. They seemed to be in no rush to get Megadeth set up and it was already 10 pm so i left lol

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
What Megadeth show were you at, PNC? I was there after a 13 hour work day, got my usual secret spot on the lawn and just as LOG finished the skies opened. They seemed to be in no rush to get Megadeth set up and it was already 10 pm so i left lol

Back in September this year....don't remember if it rained 🥴
🥴🥴

littlev21

new volbeat, thumbs up. I thought they lost themselves a bit on the last two. this one gets back to sounding like their first albums. a dud or two for sure, but mostly crunchy riff after crunchy riff.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
new volbeat, thumbs up. I thought they lost themselves a bit on the last two. this one gets back to sounding like their first albums. a dud or two for sure, but mostly crunchy riff after crunchy riff.
They’ve been dead to me since they refused to load into the Wellmont because it was raining.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Speaking of bands you're supposed to like but don't listen to, I've been going through Gojira's Discography trying to get into them. It's been like 50/50. The stuff I like is awesome, the stuff I don't is horrible.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of bands you're supposed to like but don't listen to, I've been going through Gojira's Discography trying to get into them. It's been like 50/50. The stuff I like is awesome, the stuff I don't is horrible.
They’re French. Of course it’s meh.

Just kidding. I felt the same way till I saw them live. It’s simple music, but when it gets heavy…it gets fucking HEAVY. Add in that guitar is also lead vocals and you have to respect that.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
now that I’m on that topic, the sickest guitar/vocal combo of all time was Necrophagist. Go listen to Epitaph in its entirety and tell me I’m wrong. That dude was fucking slaying.

Edit: ignore what I just said. Chuck Schuldiner was a god. There wouldn’t even be a Necrophagist without Death.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm a huge Death fan. Also love Necrophagist. Unfortunately Archspire hits all of my death metal needs these days so I don't spin the older stuff much anymore. Except Suffocation Pierced From Within, that album will be in my top10 for the rest of my life.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm a huge Death fan. Also love Necrophagist. Unfortunately Archspire hits all of my death metal needs these days so I don't spin the older stuff much anymore. Except Suffocation Pierced From Within, that album will be in my top10 for the rest of my life.
Yea no doubt, I was specifically thinking of bad ass guitarists that can pull off lead vocals at the same time. It ain’t easy to put that much strength into a scream while you’re shredding tasty riffs. Death, Necrophagist, And Gojira are the main three that come to mind.

walter

Fourth Party
Death was friggin ridiculous. They crush you with the first 3 albums, then all of a sudden they're friggin musicians lol

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert were a big part of that. “Human” is such a good album. I’ve always been a fan of their own band Cynic as well. Great song writers. RIP Sean Reinert…he just died last year I think.

Captain Brainstorm

Yea no doubt, I was specifically thinking of bad ass guitarists that can pull off lead vocals at the same time. It ain’t easy to put that much strength into a scream while you’re shredding tasty riffs. Death, Necrophagist, And Gojira are the main three that come to mind.
Children of Bodom. Alexi doesn’t get the credit that he deserves. He played with taste and style, he wasn’t just a technician. Something very few pull off.

Top Bottom