Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so I find that a good amount of articles from carbuzz are garbage...this is a good example of one....so they made a tuner version of an M4...what does this have to do with a 911? they spend exactly 0 words in this article discussing anything involving actual performance or how it might compare to a 911. I guess they mention 205mph, but does anyone really care about 200mph anymore?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
so I find that a good amount of articles from carbuzz are garbage...this is a good example of one....so they made a tuner version of an M4...what does this have to do with a 911? they spend exactly 0 words in this article discussing anything involving actual performance or how it might compare to a 911. I guess they mention 205mph, but does anyone really care about 200mph anymore?
Yeah, I guess no one can tune a 911? :rolleyes:

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah, I guess no one can tune a 911? :rolleyes:

Yeah but gotta think a 3800 lb car with 700 hp/618 ft-lb torque would be a beast. And just with a tune and exhaust mods.

Captain Brainstorm

Yeah but gotta think a 3800 lb car with 700 hp/618 ft-lb torque would be a beast. And just with a tune and exhaust mods.
If you want a straight-line car you're better off modding one of the thousand variations of Hemi/Hellcat Chargers/Challengers (cheaper, faster, won't break as soon as the Bimmer) instead of a boosted-within-an-inch of its life BMW straight-six. I personally would take a base 911 over any M-series Bimmer. First of all they look better, BMW forgot how to style cars somewhere in the mid-2000's. Second the Porsche will steer, ride, and handle better. All 2016+ 911's are also turbos, so you can tune them, it just costs more since its a Porsche. Go to a reputable shop though and you can get it done right.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you want a straight-line car you're better off modding one of the thousand variations of Hemi/Hellcat Chargers/Challengers (cheaper, faster, won't break as soon as the Bimmer) instead of a boosted-within-an-inch of its life BMW straight-six. I personally would take a base 911 over any M-series Bimmer. First of all they look better, BMW forgot how to style cars somewhere in the mid-2000's. Second the Porsche will steer, ride, and handle better. All 2016+ 911's are also turbos, so you can tune them, it just costs more since its a Porsche. Go to a reputable shop though and you can get it done right.

2016 NA
2017 Turbocharged

Prices on 16 GTS 6M are crazy because of this.

Top Bottom