Stolen Bike - Monmouth County

don

So fucking pissed - I just walked into my garage to do some work tonight and was like "where is my bike?" I usually have it hanging on the Park stand by my welding table.

It must have been taken last night or today. Literally rode it yesterday mid day at Hartshorne and was gone from 9-12 today doing TM.

2019 Santa Cruz Bronson Size Large
Fox 36 Performance Elite Fit4
Roval Traverse (carbon)
Charge Bikes Brown saddle
Deity Stem
Deity Bars
Maxxis Minions
Race Face Carbon cranks
Race Face pedals
Sram drivetrain
Sram Brakes

If anyone has any tips to help find it please let me know. I'll call up LBS's tomorrow but guessing it's far away from here.

Attached are some pics I have of it from when I first got it, with a bunch of swapped parts like Roval wheels and Fox 36 Elite fork. Some different types of parts with the gold Deity stem and seatclamp. Rear wheel had some super loose spokes I noticed post ride yesterday.

Here is the ad from the FB advertisment for it a few months ago: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Attachments

• IMG_3400.jpg
    IMG_3400.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3458.jpg
    IMG_3458.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3459.jpg
    IMG_3459.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104

don

Wow, sorry to hear this.

Do you or neighbors have any cameras that may have gotten video of thief?

I'll be on the lookout.

Thanks Iggy - I'll ask my neighbors if they saw something. My driveway is pretty long and it was taken from inside the garage which is scary as the doors were closed so they had to go thru the gate and side door.

don

Holy shit. My worst nightmare.

Have you had any contractors/random workers in the area recently?
yeah - I had a bike stolen out of my driveway years ago so have been careful leaving stuff out but I've gotten a little lazy.

Word of advice - grab many pics and info on your bike like you were selling it. I'm wondering if a transceiver/tracking is worth a purchase for the next bike.

mtn

Invest in a ring or nest doorbell. Or one of the many cameras they offer.

Not to be smart or anything, but have you looped around and inside the house? Maybe you had it out back and stepped inside or something?

Reactions: don

don

Invest in a ring or nest doorbell. Or one of the many cameras they offer.

Not to be smart or anything, but have you looped around and inside the house? Maybe you had it out back and stepped inside or something?

Thanks - And no not smart at all - I'm pulled in a bunch of direction all the time so going to take another trip around the house.

And need to cameras - going to add one into the garage area.

Reactions: mtn

moray42

Merman
Thanks - And no not smart at all - I'm pulled in a bunch of direction all the time so going to take another trip around the house.

And need to cameras - going to add one into the garage area.
Sorry about the bike. That sucks.

Just tossing blink cameras in the mix. One of the first things I set up on my house for some peace of mind(be on each door). Can get 2 outdoor cameras for under $200 on Amazon. Mounts are fairly easy to place wherever as long as they’re within range of the base station.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This is never something I want to read about.

I know a private / independent insurance adjuster when has been quite helpful in Navigating theft and damages of bikes.

I’m not sure what his rate is, but I know he’s been helpful to a few customers.

If it comes to it and you see reimbursement, I have just a few bronsons on hand but the new ones are mixed wheels as you know.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
In Rumson no less?! It’s sorta scary reading the police blog for Holmdel. Atleast 2-3 times a week thieves come down from the Newark area on the train or in a car and steal high end cars with key fobs in them. I’d say take a drive through west long branch or Neptune.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’m curious if your home is blocked on strava. In California there was a period where it was known that you could use strava heat maps to ID where people started and ended rides.

A few of my friends in Cali were hit this way near Carlsbad.

ekuhn

Thieves suck. Bike Thieves suck even more. Sorry to hear this. Keep an eye on Facebook/Craigslist/OfferUp/Letgo.

Somewhere on here a long time ago it was brought up to put your name and phone number on a piece of paper inside the seat tube or post. Not sure if that works with a dropper, but maybe inside the handlebar. This way if you find it for sale, take the cops with you and you can prove ownership by that tag.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@don

Please call your local PD and make a report. If it was taken out of a garage it's a burglary in addition to a theft and (hopefully) they will look into cameras in the neighborhood. They get paid well; let them do some leg work. At the very least, your insurance company will want it reported to the PD.

Captain Brainstorm

In Rumson no less?! It’s sorta scary reading the police blog for Holmdel. Atleast 2-3 times a week thieves come down from the Newark area on the train or in a car and steal high end cars with key fobs in them. I’d say take a drive through west long branch or Neptune.
This is an epidemic in North Jersey for every town in proximity of 280, the Turnpike, Pkwy, or trains to Newark. Lock your cars, garages, and don't leave the keys inside. The local PD doesn't even bother arresting these guys unless they're caught with weapons otherwise the holding cells would be packed, and these guys don't show up for warrants or court dates anyway. This is coming from the horses mouth.

don

The amount of car thievery on the peninsula (Rumson, FH, LS, etc) has been staggering. We had one stolen years ago and most recently my BIL had his taken where the robber opened their door to get the key. I'm guessing as people have tightened up how they have their cars the thieves are going to the next things like bikes.

I'm on my way to the local PD to file a report and hopefully they have ties to the local pawn shops.

Really sad as it wasn't long ago where this area felt really safe.

don

@don

Please call your local PD and make a report. If it was taken out of a garage it's a burglary in addition to a theft and (hopefully) they will look into cameras in the neighborhood. They get paid well; let them do some leg work. At the very least, your insurance company will want it reported to the PD.

I called them last night and will be heading there in a few - will let you know what they say. Thanks Carson!

don

I’m curious if your home is blocked on strava. In California there was a period where it was known that you could use strava heat maps to ID where people started and ended rides.

A few of my friends in Cali were hit this way near Carlsbad.

That is absolutely bananas to hear but anyone that knows me know I absolutely despise Strava. But great tip for others that use it.

Top Bottom