Gas powered bikes?

That's my wife, I'll never get her on one.

My wife bought a motorcycle back before we were married. '87 Yamaha SRX250. It was stressful. She took the MSF course but never seemed to 'get' countersteering - or at least never fully internalized it, and never seemed hyper-aware of her surroundings in the way you need to be to stay alive. Fortunately, she lost interest fairly quickly.

Saw a video of a guy using a front end loader with hooks to smash through a dealer window at night, hook two dirtbikes to the front, and drove off. Crazy.
The Kawasaki dealer near my work now parks their work trucks in front of each window to prevent theft like that.

The fever has hit. It started with a thought of picking up a used KTM 390. Itty bitty, 45hp sportbike. $5500ish new. Skip many rationalizations and I'm asking Ducati NYC to quote a new Panigale V2. Fortunately for my wallet (and possibly my health), they were slow on responding and I've cooled back down.

Right now, I have my eyes on a couple local Ducati Supersports. A 750 and an 800. They're pretty cheap. Old school 2 valve air-cooled. Also digging the 848/848 Evo. Maybe both?

In the meantime, I"ve started excavating my small trailer. The axle, fenders, and hitch/hinge system have been safe in the basement but the deck and sides have been outside under partial cover for more than a decade.

The fever has hit. It started with a thought of picking up a used KTM 390. Itty bitty, 45hp sportbike. $5500ish new. Skip many rationalizations and I'm asking Ducati NYC to quote a new Panigale V2. Fortunately for my wallet (and possibly my health), they were slow on responding and I've cooled back down.

Right now, I have my eyes on a couple local Ducati Supersports. A 750 and an 800. They're pretty cheap. Old school 2 valve air-cooled. Also digging the 848/848 Evo. Maybe both?

In the meantime, I"ve started excavating my small trailer. The axle, fenders, and hitch/hinge system have been safe in the basement but the deck and sides have been outside under partial cover for more than a decade.
You have good taste. Now is the time with the “season” wrapping up in most people’s minds.

I swapped out my Ninja 400 for something a little more my style recently. I made the jump to the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Picked it up used with only 203 miles. Loving this ride. Much more relaxed, much much MUCH better 2-up. Swapped the stock exhaust for some Scorpions. Has a nice sound.

33CA93A9-474B-4132-9AC7-F76F1065FC35.jpeg

Convo with my wife at lunch:

Me: "sooooo, what do we have going on Saturday? I was thinking I might buy a used Ducati if it looks good."
W: "I though you were going to treat yourself to something new with all the modern safety electronics"
Me: "I don't want to spend that much. This one is a lot slower, so it doesn't need them, and I'll use it to get used to riding again".
W: "Oh, that makes sense"
Me: "I'll keep looking for a newer one that's two generations back from completely new. Faster but It has most of the electronics"
W: "So, two bikes?"
Me: "Yes, exactly"
W: "You're not going racing again, are you? [paraphrasing]Kid prefers alive dad"
Me: "No, of course not"
W: "OK, just be careful."

Back
Top Bottom