20-21 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc

Deer Valley is actually one of better places for a powder day. The "typical" Deer Valley skier is there for groomers which leaves all day freshies for powder seekers.
And they do have good expert terrain.
No doubt, X-files always has freshies, even a day or 2 later. The triangle trees are awesome. I love Deer valley.

kearneyb

Ive had an epic the last few seasons (last season withstanding). If you have an epic, Whistler Blackcomb. Easy drive from Vancouver (and not that bad from Seattle). Something for everyone. Just need an airline ticket, place to stay and an open border.

Think we are going back to Utah in March. Typically stay in cottonwood heights away from the resorts.

Zaskar

Since we're asking about recommendations/opinions here..... Who as details on Steamboats terrain, etc? They're adding a new gondola?
We have condo that's being offered for the extended family with mixed ability. Looks like flying into Hayden is the way to go?

kearneyb

My initial reaction would be steamboat is a great spot for a family trip. But i just went and looked at my ski log and saw my last trip to Steamboat was back in 2003. So with a grain of salt, I do remember fantastic tree skiing, fun steep chutes, great restaurants in town and natural hotsprings an easy drive out of steamboat. Moving a big group between resorts sucks, especially with kids and beginners, so yeah steamboat should have everything you need. I've only ever flew into Denver and drove. I believe Steamboat's elevation is a lower compared to Summit County, if altitude sickness is a concern.

Looking back I see that 2003 trip was when i ripped an edge out of Salomon XScreams at copper.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
My initial reaction would be steamboat is a great spot for a family trip. But i just went and looked at my ski log and saw my last trip to Steamboat was back in 2003. So with a grain of salt, I do remember fantastic tree skiing, fun steep chutes, great restaurants in town and natural hotsprings an easy drive out of steamboat. Moving a big group between resorts sucks, especially with kids and beginners, so yeah steamboat should have everything you need. I've only ever flew into Denver and drove. I believe Steamboat's elevation is a lower compared to Summit County, if altitude sickness is a concern.

Looking back I see that 2003 trip was when i ripped an edge out of Salomon XScreams at copper.
Since we're asking about recommendations/opinions here..... Who as details on Steamboats terrain, etc? They're adding a new gondola?
We have condo that's being offered for the extended family with mixed ability. Looks like flying into Hayden is the way to go?
Flying into Hayden is WAY better than DIA. Easy 30 minute drive. Heard it's a bit of a shitshow since they started with Ikon, but most places are.

Not the steepest mountain, but ton's of fun. Had my biggest powder day there ever. 30+ inches by morning and still falling.

If anyone (wife) is looking for a massage, my wife said the massage at the Sheraton was the best she's ever had, and she's tried everywhere.

Over the Bars

TV alert

Second run of women's world cup slalom from Finland are on Peacock now.

They'll be racing at Killington next week
Wow just checked out the Killington website they have 4 trails open. So mad I didn't get out there for our yearly trip last winter, the only skiing I did at all last year was in my backyard! Cant wait to get back up there January or February when they have the most terrain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom