Things that make you frown :(

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Bear will eat them for lunch

maxresdefault.jpg

iman29

Warning rant:

Decided last minute today I didnā€™t want to deal with riding the road for 4+ hours of swirling winds and instead hopped on the gravel bike for an end to end ride of the Columbia Trail. Figured 7:15 was early enough to avoid most of the idiots. Boy was I wrong. I had to deal with :

- Groups of beach cruiser riders stopping in the middle of both sides of the trail even when I politely called out passing please 3x from over 200 feet away.

- the NYU cross country running team seems to have packed into a bus and used the High bridge lot as a base because on my way out there were 3 groups of testosterone fueled teenagers running in a pack and barely left me enough room to pass.

- multiple non helmet wearing riders riding
The opposite side of the trail towards me
In my lane and not bothering to yield until I said MOVE.

And the worst was the DB with his 2 dogs OFF THE LEASH near Highbridge that I called out passing please 3x before I realized he didnā€™t have them on a leash. I rolled past him and kinda not politely
Called out they are supposed to be on a leash to which he replied No they donā€™t have to be. WTF ?!! Thereā€™s only
Like 50 signs that say All Dogs must be on a Leash. If there werenā€™t some little kids and a family around I might have stopped to show him the trailhead sign but you canā€™t fix stupid.

At least today I didnā€™t get stung by any bees and got my 50 miles in.

Rant over. Maybe.

TheGerd

FB4CCBF2-7405-4B56-A137-408DB71CACE7.jpegBroke out this bike to do a Henry Hudson trail, brew-tour. Half way through I heard a creek and the bars were loose. Gingerly made it back, without it giving away totally. Anybody have a spare front clamp for this Ringleā€˜ stem. I hadnā€™t ridden that Diamond Back since the early 90ā€™s.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Took a fall and tweaked my back. Went to the doctor today. X-ray shows a compression fracture of my L3 vertebrae. No bike riding or lifting for 9-12 weeks.
šŸ˜­
That's a blow but follow the course, you'll be back before you know it.

I crashed hard again on labor day. Finally went to the Dr. On Monday because ribs were getting worse. Catscan revealed fracture to the 4th-6th which also explained the sternum displacement.
Was on the verge of Pneumonia, which between that and fluid around fracture was the cause of the extreme pain. Moral of the story don't wait over 3 weeks to see the doctor šŸ¤£

Top Bottom