Hardtail Talk!!

jredone

Nice! A couple of my teammates have/had Black Sheep frames. One of them unfortunately broke his, but it was more of an XC frame than what you have (he sold it after it was repaired). The other one is a full-squish frame (I rode with him on it recently).
I have yet to run into another one out on the trails. Would love to see the full squish in person.

serviceguy

Totally agree. Their pricing has gotten a bit crazy the last few years. It's a nice looking frame, but I'd get a Cotic BFe Max, or a Solaris Max frame before I'd get that Knolly.
I was already ticked off by them releasing a 'new version' of the Fugitive LT with 'improved geometry' of ... better take a seat ...frum roll... 3mm increase in rear travel...talk about Bubka effect!

djm

Might be time to sell my rocker SS.
I'm still looking for a rocker and noticed that awhile back. Guess it's overpriced. Also, I contacted spot but all they could do is sell me a new carbon version.

TimBay

Damn. For $600 this might have been the deal of the year, especially being they're sold out until 2023 already...

View attachment 167628
Saw a couple 2019 deore builds I was thinking of buying. Is it easy to convert the rear to boost? They were both listed at $1100, but if I can get at blue book value ($850ish) could be fun to build up...maybe?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Saw a couple 2019 deore builds I was thinking of buying. Is it easy to convert the rear to boost? They were both listed at $1100, but if I can get at blue book value ($850ish) could be fun to build up...maybe?

It's just a new set of Alternator dropouts.

iman29

Now I'm just debating if I actually need more than 1 bike. Ha.
703A8CEC-2711-485D-B8B1-92F19887FBAC.png

serviceguy

But they are already boost, so…

BPaze

The base build is 141qr for some reason.
I believe that is the equivalent to a boost QR which is why you would probably need thru axle dropouts. My brother picked up the TJ right at the beginning or before the pandemic, was really hard to track down and find, we were looking all over the country. It is a good value and a good fun bike.

Also for good measure, my Big Honzo I have been riding forever all mulleted out

XHUHknMsm2UmDPVW46d0WMo2ywjt27cVHcRIw0F3MMr9Irf_t0uAfHjSdBu-dql3KXdFoCXmN9TSp1ci6jw7xCEQqibXeTk4rIO3PSTEs5KYj3reKo7tjTiQsD1LgFvNFTV3CrCfTxbT9ekJyJtSdANUfu5-S_IXg4YOL8qWJhGN-h2NUGGjEjwoiVBTYFxXLC6TVmoDHLasRQwZRHSBs2mpK4m63-imY-MQ9Oyt0z-2I8DID75mtZHPWxOZonnzvf2DUs0Zn0h9Pz_061d9cLAP399rNHlr04s5mij-0VfsmtOuTq-fAWd1Oqt7TLg8Q7dSZ9kbgsM8w3TqjiuVivCfQnFEqZrZxCARzb6VP0Iun8EQbs7K55IPbAYv7mXZf8D5N85Zl-2txQTp9j9_uwEwA1QNmU5m9zBT3Y4rsLB_jDQ9lt87oim49TOQYAlFdw1O8tgB-ZTVBFYOF5SqC3wr1SLmEyRLMaXLi9g-wulRpoYN_KxOldifmRrKcF2zcIiSKiTiUyvGOpWOQoMMxsd6QGceJ7pjrPRRF_fKPgZKxPr8qpvC0H3V90DUJg6pSgNkDrtpbyntpiAtusi004jwlvzVH1XZB8ou1UOdRHbStaZRXJbW6kW0hOIgbakslMiKaWZxlMt4aU1eyF0dD-5drVFGUDqrk8bw7-YSI6nji-HT_I8fExUC4dc9n9Htkgq7xRoqAYFCRGOvrQ5_c94I=w1204-h904-no

Ian F

My new Chameleon. Loving this thing so far and it dosen't beat me up like other hardtails I've owned in the past.
View attachment 167724
Santa Cruz somehow managed to make an aluminum frame that rides smoother than the carbon version. Strange world. I had my alum version but hadn't built it yet when the carbon version came out. I was about ready to order the carbon one when I watched the Hardtail Party video and he basically convinced me I already had the better frame.

Ian F

Now I'm just debating if I actually need more than 1 bike. Ha.
My only restraint is space. I have room for 6 bikes and not really any more. And that's with taking the pedals and front wheels off most of them. Otherwise I'd probably have a DH bike and an XC-race hardtail and maybe a dirt jumper.

SCNJ

Santa Cruz somehow managed to make an aluminum frame that rides smoother than the carbon version. Strange world. I had my alum version but hadn't built it yet when the carbon version came out. I was about ready to order the carbon one when I watched the Hardtail Party video and he basically convinced me I already had the better frame.
This thing is honestly amazing. I've owned many FS and Hardtails over the years. As being someone who's only gonna own one bike for the forseeable future, I was hesitant on going the hardtail route just getting back into the sport. This was the Hardtail I always wanted though. 7 rides in now and I can honestly say this thing almost feels like a full suspension. If someone said that to me before I'd have ridden this bike I'd have called em crazy but the frame is incredible. This thing dosen't beat me up like my previous hardtails did. Granted I've only ridden Allaire and Clayton so far but Allaire is where I'll be riding 90 percent of the time anyway. I might feel different when I hit Hartshorne or another park though. Who knows.

Top Bottom