Help Choosing Shoes for Flat Pedals

serviceguy

The base Sleuth, it has canvas toe box. I didn't want a leather uppers or an overly stiff sole. Still eyeing the Freerider, and, look at this:

adidas® Five Ten Shoes - BOGO 50% Off W/ Code HOTDEAL
I normally ride Impact Pro, which are very stiff but comfortable, a big step up from my earlier Giro Jacket, especially since the rubber sole kind of disintegrated on those.

I'm looking into something with a similar feeling to the Impact Pro but that looks less like a Florida sponge fisherman shoe...

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why @Mare45 Why? Unless you want to start jumping or going off big drops, don't go flat. That's just my advice. You are a skilled rider. I started slowly transferring over to flats back in 2013 because I was a dirt roadie and a shitty technical rider. I've done a full 360 and now I'm a unconfident, uncoordinated idiot if I try to clip in. Plus climbing is significantly slower on flats. My advice is if you switch to flats, don't do it 100% of the time. Ride both!

EJphotos

I have the Freerider Pros for when I ride trails. Good sturdy shoe. If I'm just riding around the neighborhood or doing the rail trail, it's just my Adidas cloud foam sole sneakers haha...those things really grip the pedals. They just don't offer the support I need through trails though.

Mare

Why @Mare45 Why? Unless you want to start jumping or going off big drops, don't go flat. That's just my advice. You are a skilled rider. I started slowly transferring over to flats back in 2013 because I was a dirt roadie and a shitty technical rider. I've done a full 360 and now I'm a unconfident, uncoordinated idiot if I try to clip in. Plus climbing is significantly slower on flats. My advice is if you switch to flats, don't do it 100% of the time. Ride both!
Yes, good advice. Thank you. I was looking to wear them just so I can try some stupid stuff that I am afraid I will get hurt on if I cannot unclip. I really don't plan to give up clipless at all. And when are we riding? :)

terrabike01

Yes, good advice. Thank you. I was looking to wear them just so I can try some stupid stuff that I am afraid I will get hurt on if I cannot unclip. I really don't plan to give up clipless at all. And when are we riding? :)
Come over to my shoe store and try some on LOL. I'll give you a doggy bag with a muffin

Top Bottom