This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Isn't that because local officials are ignoring the Governor's executive order? Isn't this the source of the lawsuit with the one cruise company? Seems fair to say that FL's approach has been to ban any requirement.

Yes that is the approach to ban mandates - the primary reason was for school mask mandates.

Yes that is the approach to ban mandates - the primary reason was for school mask mandates.

So FL=ban any requirement, pretty accurate. Executive order bans businesses or Gov entities from requiring vaccination and additional restrictions on ability for officials at the local level to implement mask mandates or school closures due to emergency order. Not sure how it makes sense to ban businesses, such as a cruise line, from being able to take the precautions necessary to operate.

At school enrollment... therefore, pretty much everyone has to get them, therefore, the population is covered, which covers those that actually can't, along with the silly religious excuses.
This is what I'm talking about. Everyone who doesn't want to get one will just now claim a religious exemption and the vaccinated rate will stay the same.

So FL=ban any requirement, pretty accurate. Executive order bans businesses or Gov entities from requiring vaccination and additional restrictions on ability for officials at the local level to implement mask mandates or school closures due to emergency order. Not sure how it makes sense to ban businesses, such as a cruise line, from being able to take the precautions necessary to operate.

I agree with the school stance but not cruise ships - I think there should be a vaccine requirement for cruises.

Was on a ferry, outside deck, at 25knts. Crew made us wear masks.

It actually helped Keep my face warm. So not horrible!

So you have to wear a mask where there is virtually no chance of getting infected but you can still get packed into a bar and drink the night away without masks? That'll work!

Did we conclude - globally - that it doesn't matter?
Well forget the whole argument of what's worse, what causes more deaths, more sick people, etc.....like lets just look at it with emotions removed....

I dont have to wear this #$%^&*( mask at my desk bc of the flu
my kid doesnt have to be home schooled bc of the flu
the flu never made it impossible for me to buy a bike or bike parts
economy
so forth and so on....

So in that case, it sure as hell isnt the flu.

Well forget the whole argument of what's worse, what causes more deaths, more sick people, etc.....like lets just look at it with emotions removed....

I dont have to wear this #$%^&*( mask at my desk bc of the flu
my kid doesnt have to be home schooled bc of the flu
the flu never made it impossible for me to buy a bike or bike parts
economy
so forth and so on....

So in that case, it sure as hell isnt the flu.

No argument with any of that - my point was from a vaccine standpoint, the world is basically treating it like the flu.

No argument with any of that - my point was from a vaccine standpoint, the world is basically treating it like the flu.
Well, I dont know about that...I mean I didnt get a flu shot for many years bc in my mind....I never get the flu, im in good health...I have gotten the flu once...wasnt that bad....Not that I wouldnt get it, its just that I would forget to make an appointment and oh well, whatever...big deal, I didnt get it. Like I didn't equate not getting a flu shot to putting other people's health at risk, or dying myself. Plus I am also married to someone who got the flu shot EVERY year and also gets the flu EVERY year (literally like clockwork for the 16 years we have been together), so didnt seem all that important. One year a group showed up at my office giving it out...it was right there, so I got one. Like I was never making a point to not get it.

I know several people not getting the covid vaccine and MOST often argument is that there isnt enough research for them to get it....then they tell me that they haven't read any of the research....Or that the government wants them to get the vaccine and there was this movie with will smith in it about something like this? Or zombie apocalypse.... If it was just being lazy, I would probably be less annoyed...but it seems as tho the reasons I have heard are mostly just to be dicks and political. Like ACTIVELY not getting it.

Well, I dont know about that...I mean I didnt get a flu shot for many years bc in my mind....I never get the flu, im in good health...I have gotten the flu once...wasnt that bad....Not that I wouldnt get it, its just that I would forget to make an appointment and oh well, whatever...big deal, I didnt get it. Like I didn't equate not getting a flu shot to putting other people's health at risk, or dying myself. Plus I am also married to someone who got the flu shot EVERY year and also gets the flu EVERY year (literally like clockwork for the 16 years we have been together), so didnt seem all that important. One year a group showed up at my office giving it out...it was right there, so I got one. Like I was never making a point to not get it.

I know several people not getting the covid vaccine and MOST often argument is that there isnt enough research for them to get it....then they tell me that they haven't read any of the research....Or that the government wants them to get the vaccine and there was this movie with will smith in it about something like this? Or zombie apocalypse.... If it was just being lazy, I would probably be less annoyed...but it seems as tho the reasons I have heard are mostly just to be dicks and political. Like ACTIVELY not getting it.

Just basing the statement on the global data - most countries hit a peak of daily vaccinations and then it drops off sharply. And their total % population getting vaccinated is topping around 60% - similar to the flu vaccine. You think the 30 - 40% of Israelis, Germans, Brits, French, etc are not getting the vaccine because they are being dicks/political?

When I was younger, I would get sick a lot. Now that I'm older, I rarely get sick. I don't know if/when I last had the flu, but it's not something I worry about. Maybe this year it'll be more front of mind and I'll be in Wegmans and see a sign that says "free flu shots" and I'll get one. Most likely I won't bother. You ask if I'll start getting the flu shots now, as if something has changed. Nothing has changed though. There's a new virus that sounded pretty bad and totally fucked up the world, and they came out with a vaccine, so I got the shots. The flu is still just the flu and not something I give any thought to.

When I was younger, I would get sick a lot. Now that I'm older, I rarely get sick. I don't know if/when I last had the flu, but it's not something I worry about. Maybe this year it'll be more front of mind and I'll be in Wegmans and see a sign that says "free flu shots" and I'll get one. Most likely I won't bother. You ask if I'll start getting the flu shots now, as if something has changed. Nothing has changed though. There's a new virus that sounded pretty bad and totally fucked up the world, and they came out with a vaccine, so I got the shots. The flu is still just the flu and not something I give any thought to.
tenor.gif

If I remember correctly the flu vaccine only covers the strain(s) that were forecasted for the coming season/year, if you get a bug that doesn't fall under that umbrella you're not covered. Do I remember correctly? I discussed it with my doctor and since every single year that I got the flu vaccine I ended up sick after getting the vaccine and with the flu later on I decided that it wasn't really worth doing it. Ironically I haven't had the flu since I stopped getting the (free from the insurance) vaccine. You get what you paid for maybe?

The flu is still just the flu and not something I give any thought to.

So you will get a covid vaccine because your age group has a 0.06% chance of dying of it but you won't get a flu vaccine because your age group has a 0.02% chance of dying from it?

giphy (16).gif

If I remember correctly the flu vaccine only covers the strain(s) that were forecasted for the coming season/year, if you get a bug that doesn't fall under that umbrella you're not covered. Do I remember correctly? I discussed it with my doctor and since every single year that I got the flu vaccine I ended up sick after getting the vaccine and with the flu later on I decided that it wasn't really worth doing it. Ironically I haven't had the flu since I stopped getting the (free from the insurance) vaccine. You get what you paid for maybe?

Yes it's always a guess to some extent but there's usually some protection no matter what ends up being the predominant strains.

Back
Top Bottom