The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Pagliacci

Felt pretty miserable last night and much of today. It seems yesterday's long (for me) ride got me to to a dehydration rating of "mummified".

The broken spoke on my one usable bike was the perfect excuse to bow out; LBS is closed on Mondays, nothing I can do.

Should've left it at that and enjoyed a day of relaxing in front of the TV, but foolishy, I called another shop that's not exactly local, but not too far. Dude said no problem, bring it right in. Next thing I knew, I had no excuse.

Got a lot of fluid into me and went out for sunset cruise. I actually felt pretty good; I just might make it to the end of this thing.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/EH3OFPIOdib

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
JIYF21-26: Get on your bikes and ride!
https://strava.app.link/LhIoF5WUdib
1627358194717.png

iman29

#26/31 https://www.strava.com/activities/5692176635. Backyard ride with Charlie. Found the owner of the Garmin I found thanks to @iman29. Unfortunately, still no luck finding my devices. They are still in the weeds somewhere along the road with my Varia by Palmer Park :(

Glad we could reunite that device with its owner hope that karma comes back to you and you find yours.

Let me know which way you left the park and since I’m local I can make another pass by at some point to check the side of the roads for it and the varia. At least they are water proof you never know.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
7/27
2:11
Kriss Kross
Will be mtb for the remainder of the week so got some road miles in. I washed my bike the other day for the first time in months. There was zero wind and it didn't feel ungodly humid. Early in the ride it seems like one of those days that it is just easier to pedal. I am meeting up with a group at 6:05 and I just loop around before that. It is only 4 of us, which typically means a more coordinated faster ride, but the leader is off the back almost immediately, which is ironic because he was pushing the pace a few min into the ride. I think I know the route we are doing but 2 miles in they tell me it is reverse, which doesn't really suit my timeframe, so I do the only reasonable thing and blow the ride up 1 min later. There is this long, fast downhill and me and the one other guy are actually working together. 2 miles later the leader if WAY off the back so much so we have to stop and wait. Whoops. I branch off not far after that and rip it back home. Felt good.
After getting coffee, I watch this clown guy:

75D331E0-9091-4C78-AD8A-EBE9CEBEBAEB.jpeg

Which is what happens when your riding buddy wants starbucks but you want to sit in front of the cool coffee shop across the street. Not sure why his buddy couldnt manage his own bike.
1627388193800.gif

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
7/27
Kriss Kross
Will be mtb for the remainder of the week so got some road miles in. I washed my bike the other day for the first time in months. There was zero wind and it didn't feel ungodly humid. Early in the ride it seems like one of those days that it is just easier to pedal. I am meeting up with a group at 6:05 and I just loop around before that. It is only 4 of us, which typically means a more coordinated faster ride, but the leader is off the back almost immediately, which is ironic because he was pushing the pace a few min into the ride. I think I know the route we are doing but 2 miles in they tell me it is reverse, which doesn't really suit my timeframe, so I do the only reasonable thing and blow the ride up 1 min later. There is this long, fast downhill and me and the one other guy are actually working together. 2 miles later the leader if WAY off the back so much so we have to stop and wait. Whoops. I branch off not far after that and rip it back home. Felt good.

View attachment 163734

Which is what happens when your riding buddy wants starbucks but you want to sit in front of the cool coffee shop across the street. Not sure why his buddy couldnt manage his own bike.
View attachment 163735

Looks like dude-man misinterpreted the n+1 rule….. and those socks, oooff. 🤪

ekuhn

7/27
Kriss Kross

View attachment 163734

View attachment 163735
No one here would have believed you without photo/video proof. Did your head explode?

iman29

7/27
Kriss Kross

View attachment 163734

View attachment 163735
did he throw a sockless leg over each bike... Hello Fred!

Top Bottom