Warning : Tourne is closed for bear hunting

roc

Maybe lord Murphy shouldn't have shut down the yearly bear hunt on public land... I see bears weekly sometimes even more often than that the population is getting out of control and will continue to get grow . they are wayyy more scared of people then people are of them most of the time and I bet the hikers far exxagerated this story. But expect way more of this to come once they start getting more densily populated into areas that people are not use to seeing them and living with them.
I thought there was a bear hunt?? I could have sworn there was?

rick81721

Lothar
Maybe lord Murphy shouldn't have shut down the yearly bear hunt on public land... I see bears weekly sometimes even more often than that the population is getting out of control and will continue to get grow . they are wayyy more scared of people then people are of them most of the time and I bet the hikers far exxagerated this story. But expect way more of this to come once they start getting more densily populated into areas that people are not use to seeing them and living with them.

This. There were too many bears in NJ 10 years ago when my son and I took the NJ hunter safety course. They were encouraging bear hunters.

JerseyPete

Who gets to eat the bear? 🤔. I never had BearBQ 😳

Sometimes you eat the bar - GIF on Imgur

Seriously, years ago Ramapo was shut down. I think there was a rider on here who went in while closed and the F&W were not pleased with him as he came flying down an area while they were on patrol.

kidzach

I'm not buying this aggressive bear stuff ! If you can't enjoy the wildlife while out hIking, stay in your plastic bubble. Must have been one of those Jersey Pampered Housewives.

Last edited:

roc

I'm not buying this aggressive bear stuff ! If you can't enjoy the wildlife while out hunting, stay in your plastic bubble. Must have been one of those Jersey Pampered Housewives.s
seems a little crazy that it would still be closed.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions