What are some places to ride not to far into PA

xc62701

I’ll just reiterate what a bunch have said. Rattling Creek is awesome. Look up one of the race routes out there for a hell of a fun ride. Tuscarora used to be good too, but it’s been a few years. State College needs no explanation. Go get lost there and explore. Elm Ridge NY is great but get ready for vert!

goldsbar

I have heard mixed reviews of Moosic, anyone have opinions? Is it worth a 2 hr drive?
As long as you like tech, it's worth it just to ride somewhere different. About half the place is in open fields with short pines. The other half will feel very similar to rocky NJ sort of wide singletrack. Though you'll miss some of the fern forests and blueberry bushes this time of year. You don't get that type of landscape in most parts of NJ. You won't be going fast through most of it. There's not an ounce of flow.

krink

Eddie Munster
As long as you like tech, it's worth it just to ride somewhere different. About half the place is in open fields with short pines. The other half will feel very similar to rocky NJ sort of wide singletrack. Though you'll miss some of the fern forests and blueberry bushes this time of year. You don't get that type of landscape in most parts of NJ. You won't be going fast through most of it. There's not an ounce of flow.
Thanks for the info!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
There's not an ounce of flow.
This is true, lots of upper body work hustling the bike up and over rocks. Except for going downhill on Blueberry 😃 lots of flow in that direction (though I usually ride up it so I can go down on the eastern/northern trails).

teabagger11

Unfortunately Blueberry is not the trail it once was controlled burns and run off made it a little less flowy

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
Great fatbiking to be had at Promised Land right now. Mix of woods roads and singletrack. A bit soft despite the cold temps so air down. 👍
DC36C8C8-8532-43AB-A0EF-3B9F0878C8C9.jpeg

38D1940F-4D58-47D8-91A4-C302D36DC3E9.jpeg

DCL

Afternoon all, anyone know what the conditions are like at Core Creek (Langhorne, PA)? Trail Forks shows "variable" on Mar 21, just looking for an update if anyone has one.
Thanks!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Afternoon all, anyone know what the conditions are like at Core Creek (Langhorne, PA)? Trail Forks shows "variable" on Mar 21, just looking for an update if anyone has one.
Thanks!
Probably too late for you but core and nesh are good to go

pkovo

Walking Purchase in Bethlehem is actually really good and not too far:
I second this. Only been a few times, today being the first in a while. Neat place. Not huge, but good mix of rocks and flow, even some gap jumps. Fun and not far into PA or far off route 78.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
After years of rejecting the invite I am riding American Standard with a couple of friends tomorrow. Hopefully we won't get shot.
This time of year it’s the bears you have to look out for 🐻 😁 But that’s a great trail. I need to get back there myself. Let us know how it goes. Curious as to whether it’s overgrown in spots.

Top Bottom