Attic wood rot?

A large Chimney cap is around $200, you'd have to measure opening first to get proper size. A handy man with a large enough ladder would probably charge less then $500.
Screenshot_20210610-141404.png

A large Chimney cap is around $200, you'd have to measure opening first to get proper size. A handy man with a large enough ladder would probably charge less then $500.
View attachment 159536

that isn't the cap he means - it has to be custom made to fit the top of the wood chimney frame, and have a sealed hole for the current flue to come through,
which then has a cap on top of it.

the metal top that is folded over here.

1623349280864.png

Not always the easiest place to get to to work, depending on how far it sticks out above the roof.

I've dealt with those on inspection list plenty.
$1000.00 not looking at it then I'd go buy $30 dollar aluminum roof paint and 2 tubes $8 silicone. Take pics for owner or buyer and call it day. Is it a rip off, absolutely. Then again you were more chicken then me to go fix it 😁

Typically almost all I have seen never needed replacing. Some are made of stainless. They still need sealing with silicone or roof cement every couple years but who bothers. Its good practice to replace when you get your roof done because you'll get a better deal. If you get gutters cleaned get pics of areas surrounding chimney and cap. I've been to New houses that leaked because of bad flashing or no sealing. If you lived close to me I'd take your money 😉

Back
Top Bottom