Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

stilluf

Are there any side trails that drop down to the main trail network from Canfield Ave that would be recommended?
There is a trailhead across the street from the Canfield school that connects to the white trail when it's on the fire road from the Frank St lot. more of a connector than anything else, and it was still pretty rough and muddy when I rode it last year.

goldsbar

Are there any side trails that drop down to the main trail network from Canfield Ave that would be recommended?
Yes, right across the street from the school. It's a little hard to spot, just ride slow along the road. There's also the main dirt road entrance to the mulch pit off of Canfield.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh gosh, I have to work on skinnies and this nice thing turns up! Thank you!

Also, now that I'm vaccinated, I'd be interesting in pitching in on the trail work. I'm a theatrical carpenter, btw. How should I be talking with to plug in?
Thanks!

Is that like playing a doctor on TV kinda thing?

3MTA3

Oh gosh, I have to work on skinnies and this nice thing turns up! Thank you!

Also, now that I'm vaccinated, I'd be interesting in pitching in on the trail work. I'm a theatrical carpenter, btw. How should I be talking with to plug in?
Thanks!
By the way, you (and everyone else) should give the Dickerson Mine FB and Insta pages a follow! We will also use social media pages to announce TM and maybe even an occasional group ride.

Bg01

Anyone know who to call to make a report when we see dirt bikers on the trails? I looked on the sign that says no dirt bikes, atvs, etc but no number. Saw two dirt bikers today at different times 5:30-630. One cut the bike off and actually walked it out when we saw each other. The other flew up behind me and passed me on 2 separate occasions.

Last edited:

Apache1

Anyone know who to call to make a report when we see dirt bikers on the trails? I looked on the sign that says no dirt bikes, atvs, etc but no number. Saw two dirt bikers today at different times 5:30-630. One cut the bike off and actually walked it out when we saw each other. The other flew up behind me and passed me on 2 separate occasions.
Mine Hill/Wharton PD: (973) 366-7414
Take pictures if you can.
Thanks!

stilluf

Overall good conditions, especially considering the weekend rain. Only consistent soft trails was on newly cut section on Marty’s. Everything else tacky to dry.
Thanks Jason & crew !!!
There is a tree down on the yellow extension, not sure of dimension but not passable.
F44AAEE9-01F7-4176-81F1-69E8EC2CD225.jpeg

Last edited:

Robin

Haven't been in a while - but always a good time. Large tree on yellow extension near Canfiled Ave (King Mine Trail according to TF).

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions