Nassau Trail conditions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
conditions are great, well, except someone is letting their dog drop a deuce in the middle of the trail and not cleaning it up. Beware of brown sticks as they may not be sticks.

I may have missed the memo on this, but is the trail gap drop on the jump trail leading to the Foran field trail permanently closed?

Last time we were there it was. Though it didn’t exactly look official.

phillychris498

I may have missed the memo on this, but is the trail gap drop on the jump trail leading to the Foran field trail permanently closed?
It has been closed for at least a few weeks now. From what I can tell, it looks like the crew is building up the exit of the gap drop with rock armoring so that it stands the test of time.

pkovo

It has been closed for at least a few weeks now. From what I can tell, it looks like the crew is building up the exit of the gap drop with rock armoring so that it stands the test of time.
That would be great, I hope you are right. I kind of feared someone decided it was no bueno.

With the relatively low makeshift barrier in front, I get the urge to bunny hop the whole thing Duke's of Hazzard Style, but so far I am taking the high road instead :)

jklett

That would be great, I hope you are right. I kind of feared someone decided it was no bueno.

With the relatively low makeshift barrier in front, I get the urge to bunny hop the whole thing Duke's of Hazzard Style, but so far I am taking the high road instead :)
But that's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

phillychris498

new and improved gap jump rides great.

the crew dug some improved drainage spots throughout the springside trails and some of the Nassau side as well. Dirt was nice and tacky tonight.
5E44427C-1AB2-4337-9BAF-BA39AA3E5BDF.jpeg
621F7C92-7527-4765-95ED-E7112DA1EBEB.jpeg

kaitlyn

My first ride there yesterday. Hella fun, and the only place I know that has a jump track. (I'm up north). Thanks for the trailwork, peeps!

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Anybody plan on going here tomorrow? I can get there around 330ish but have never been before. I know it's last minute but this second shot didn't mess me up so I'm ready to explore.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Enjoy. I hit it today. Trails are perfect. Hard to make a good loop without a guide but also hard to get lost.
If you have a gpx file you can send me I'd appreciate, next best thing to having a guide. I'll have a go at it tomorrow since I didn't bring my bike to work.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you have a gpx file you can send me I'd appreciate, next best thing to having a guide. I'll have a go at it tomorrow since I didn't bring my bike to work.

Can you get it from here? Garmin and Strava make it such a pita.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Can you get it from here? Garmin and Strava make it such a pita.

Thanks, I'll try and grab it from my laptop with garmin base camp. On my phone it goes to garmin connect but I can't see where to add it to mine.
Yep, was able to grab it off connect on my laptop, thanks again.

Last edited:

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks, I'll try and grab it from my laptop with garmin base camp. On my phone it goes to garmin connect but I can't see where to add it to mine.
Yep, was able to grab it off connect on my laptop, thanks again.

That’s about all the trails and most in both directions so if it overlaps that’s why

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry, I meant to say this was when I first started riding here. I kind of know my way around now, but would still like to take you up on that sometime. I'm sure there is plenty that I'm missing. 👍
If you don't mind an extra person, I'm in for that tour too. I don't mind winging it but always better with a guide. Basically I'm a, "have bike will travel" guy.

Maybe we can get a MTBNJ group ride there. I’ll talk to the powers that be. I can lead one but but still July probably.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions