Classic bike ride, show, parade?

Morrisd

Oh please please please someone get this this going. I would love nothing more than to have a reason to get one of my 90s 26ers out for a fun ride!

Fire Lord Jim

There seems to be enough interest in Classic Bike Ride Show & Parade. I have selected a spot. In your map app, paste 40.78530911143993, -74.53876210290396.

This spot has a large field next to a large parking lot—things we need for a show and picnic. It has easy access to Patriots Path, Lewis Morris, as well as Jockey Hollow for those looking to stay on pavement.

The plan is to gather in the lot, futz with the bikes until everyone else is impatient, then break-off into rides, Cranks around the Campfire style. Post-ride we display our museum pieces, eat lunch, and marvel on how we and the bikes can still ride.

Now we need to pick a weekend for this. The event will be Saturday, but with a rain date of Sunday. So we are looking at blocking off an entire weekend. We can do this. We are cyclists. Click here to vote.

Last edited:

CCMDoc

Lewis Morris is one of my favorites.
I’m in

35F06B24-6ACC-4795-8A4A-27A40655EAFA.jpeg

iman29

Maybe I can find another classic bike at the curb but in my size between now and then and bring it. Otherwise just a day to ride and chill and meet people IRL will be just as good if not moar better.

hoping to be in unless work overrules it.

Mare

I hope it rains cause Saturdays are tough for me :( But I will try, or I am in for any Sunday so I am not voting.

I will ride LM on my hybrid with a basket and flip flops.

w_b

LOL, found this gem while cleaning up an old email archive. Wasn't my ipotato took this jewel, but isme in the foreground. Can't see much but Tombo's harlequin FSR of similar vintage is behind the tree. Maybe I can get him to join in too!

MaxBB.jpg

CCMDoc

Has a date been set?
Asking since I work some weekends and might need to make some swaps (if possible).

Fire Lord Jim

Saturday, June 12th, (rain date June 13th) is the event.

Pack your picnic, and plan to arrive 9:30 AM or so, parking at the Doe Meadow lot. Bring a chair.
We group up based on who wants to ride Lewis Morris, Patriots Path, or Jockey Hollow (paved).
26" x 1.95s on the ground, toe cages and straps or bear claws spinning at 10 AM.
Back at noon for picnic lunch, bike display, camaraderie.

Some ideas:
1. Think of how to display your bike without a kickstand (unless you have one).
2. If you are bringing several bikes (I am) bring a lock for the ones you are not going to ride.
3. Still have a jersey from the '90s? Wear it if you can fit in it!

ekuhn

Not mine, but spoke with @Fire Lord Jim about this yesterday. On Mother's Day, my sister's father in-law showed up with her husbands bike (which was a hand me down from his older brother) that he rode through high school and college. Which up until a few weeks ago was just hanging in his basement was this near mint 1998 Mongoose Stylist. He had the original seat and the grips to go with it. Bike was recently tuned up by someone down south, tubes, tires, cables etc - but just as good as new. The few scratches and wear were the perfect amount of patina. Doubtful either of them would let it go - but I'm going to keep trying.

IMG_4345.jpeg

Top Bottom