West Orange pop up bike lane

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Gotta start somewhere. I'll be visiting this, will see if there's anything I can sign up for to get involved

Patch.com: Temporary Bike Lane Will Pop Up Near West Orange School.
Funny that it's two blocks from Eagle Reservation where mountain biking is illegal.

the schwartz

Point is it's nice that there is anything at all happening in Essex county that acknowledges the existence of both bicycles AND children...

It pains me, so so so so very much, that there is nowhere to ride bicycles, forget about mtb for a minute, that just anywhere around here without getting in a car first. A bike lane along pvw/lakeside would have been nice when they redid the lanes a few years ago but that's a pipe dream

I grew up in Pittsburgh and I rode my bike. EVERYWHERE. My oldest is only 8 now, I haven't figured out where, how far, and when I'll let him ride alone yet, but this place is terrifying. My kids do know that the real name of our main road is Pleasant Valley Way of Death, at least I instilled that in them early...

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
It’s a start. West orange is tough because it’s cut up by basically small highways that you’d never want to ride on. I’d have to ride on northfield Ave regularly and it was always scary trying to climb hills while getting buzzed at 60mph.

Cassinonorth

It’s a start. West orange is tough because it’s cut up by basically small highways that you’d never want to ride on. I’d have to ride on northfield Ave regularly and it was always scary trying to climb hills while getting buzzed at 60mph.

Used to be my bike route to work. South Livingston ave ->Northfield. Not one car gave a shit about me being there.

ryderX

I’d be hard pressed to roll on Pleasant Vlly Ave with or without a dedicated bike lane. We have crews that work that area and even with traffic control ( local PD or SP) drivers just don’t give a F*%^. I will admit it’s nice that they are also offering driver education along with the temp. dedicated lanes.

Top Bottom