This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

kdebello

NJ opens up to 16+ today...

Scored an appointment for this afternoon for the boy.
more available here as of 11:46am:
@MadisonDan Katie got her first dose yesterday. Felt a little run down this morning, and her arm is sore, but overall no real reaction.

jackx

Got my first shot of Pfeizer 3 weeks ago and was due for my second this week. Developed some tinnitus (ringing) in my ears a few days ago and came to find out my sister got the same thing but much worse. I would classify mine as mild (3 out of 10) but annoying. Hers is almost debilitating (7-9 out of 10) like when you just leave a rock concert. She had her shot a month ago and its still that bad. Doctor says there is not much she can do, no cure and not sure how long it will last. Apparently its actually a brain inflammation thing, her ears are fine. We looked it up on google and there are hundreds of people reporting the same thing. I called Pfeizer to see if they had any answers but of course they said they didn't know about it. I am holding off on getting my second shot until we get some answers even though I was very excited to get it and be done. Anybody else get this?
Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines contain polyethylene glycol, but the J&J reportedly does not.

I wonder if you or others having a reaction may have a sensitivity or an allergy to PEG.

rick81721

Lothar
Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines contain polyethylene glycol, but the J&J reportedly does not.

I wonder if you or others having a reaction may have a sensitivity or an allergy to PEG.

Very rare to be sensitive to PEG. We commonly formulated it in oral care products - it's in all kinds of products, including foods.

jackx

Very rare to be sensitive to PEG. We commonly formulated it in oral care products - it's in all kinds of products, including foods.
Good that it is rare.

a co-worker's brother is sensitive to it and thus he was planning to get the J&J vaccine.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone used the Atlantic Health MyChart site to manage appointments?

I want to move my Friday morning to next week but it looks like you have to cancel then re-schedule. I am hesitant to cancel for obvious reasons but I am curious if anyone has done it. I would think that a second appointment would be easy enough to schedule.

Anyone?

roc

I want to move my Friday morning to next week but it looks like you have to cancel then re-schedule. I am hesitant to cancel for obvious reasons but I am curious if anyone has done it. I would think that a second appointment would be easy enough to schedule.

Anyone?
A coworker did it with no problem, he was scheduled for his second shot on Easter, so he cancelled and then rescheduled for after Easter. He used mychart. not sure if that helps at all.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A coworker did it with no problem, he was scheduled for his second shot on Easter, so he cancelled and then rescheduled for after Easter. He used mychart. not sure if that helps at all.

Yes it does, because I have the MyChart thing as well. I will give this a shot because I need to drive to Pittsburgh Friday night and I see that as a good chance of ruining the weekend.

Reactions: roc

rick81721

Lothar

Anyone?

No clue about that specifically but here in FL we used CVS. I changed my appt once and wifey's 3 times now. There is no way to cancel a previous appt and after I got my 2nd dose I got emails that I missed it but it didn't have any impact on ability to reschedule.

JPark

The NIH very quietly posted the completed Stanford Study which concludes that mask usage does not prevent person to person transmission.
Even medical grade masks.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I was able to reschedule with the MyChart. Thanks!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The NIH very quietly posted the completed Stanford Study which concludes that mask usage does not prevent person to person transmission.
Even medical grade masks.

Sadly it's been kind of known for awhile. Pushing the masks didn't help in the end as it lead a lot of people to let down their guard and be OK talking near each other in confined spaces.

Reactions: don

MMuller

Sadly it's been kind of known for awhile. Pushing the masks didn't help in the end as it lead a lot of people to let down their guard and be OK talking near each other in confined spaces.
Wife just snoped this and says article untrue. Is this an actual Gov't study?

Top Bottom