Berms and Jumps and Flow

don

Soundtrack on the Hallahan Video was way better. 🙂
Well it is Devo haha! Side note: my favorite BMX video of all time has that same song in it (anyone know the video?)

For the Relic vid while the music isn't for everyone - it looked liked it was done by Ever Peacock which is really cool.

FastFreddy

Well it is Devo haha! Side note: my favorite BMX video of all time has that same song in it (anyone know the video?)

For the Relic vid while the music isn't for everyone - it looked liked it was done by Ever Peacock which is really cool.

1995! If this is it good stuff đź‘Ť
and yes I cheated and googled it lol

• Haha
Reactions: don

don

1995! If this is it good stuff đź‘Ť
and yes I cheated and googled it lol

Nice even with the google search.

And of course I just had to watch it again! (skipping some sections here and there)

I forgot how good Shawn Butler was.
Fids!
POW house stuff is great BMX history - there are a bunch of stories about this iconic place/time
My favorite section was Griffen's - loved his style and I'll still say: "squirrelly as fuck but I did it"

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Some good stuff here, the foot/tyre (he is english, right?) tap on the tree was dope and his darkside tables and one footers are always fire. I think the most impressive thing is riding those wood features in the wet.

I can't say I am the biggest Kris Kyle fan, I always thought it looks like he is trying too hard sometimes when just ripping a trail, like around 2:28. But this is only when you compare it to the silky smoothness of Semenuk.

don

Cool video and agree with the statements. Funny it does look like he is trying too hard at 2:28 but I think that is just the style these days for the slash turns. It's cool and I bet fun but seeing Semenuk manual/carve thru that would be better to me.

- That feeble log ride was dope. He made it look smooth and easy until the end where he eats shit on it hard.
- I wish they gave more detail on the tree spline ryhthym section at the 3:02 mark.
- Some of the clips remind me of what Tony Hamlin has been doing on his 29'er at Allaire and Hart
- It's really cool to see this type of riding. It's like street without getting kicked out of spots or an ABD/played out spot and DJ trails without spending months building a set (a lot of the features were carved into the natural landscape). And didn't we all ride bikes as kids to splash thru water and get muddy?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
That was certainly and impressive, creative track they built (as well as great riding). Would have liked more details about it. Maybe there's a behind the scenes vid coming?

Ian F

On the Redbullbike IG, they posted an out take of one of his attempts on that initial drop/wall ride. Where he doesn't quite get it right. :oops:

(can't seem to link to the video... :confused: )

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Pulls the tail whip at 0:46,
Runs the brakes moto - front is plumbed through the steerer.
Had to slow it down to figure out what was going on. :D

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Pulls the tail whip at 0:46,
Runs the brakes moto - front is plumbed through the steerer.
Had to slow it down to figure out what was going on. :D
The front through the steerer is a common setup these days. Doesn't matter is you run moto or "american". Couple of the enduro bros on my NICA team have that setup.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I watched all of them this morning too and i agree: Brage's is the best. Danny is amazing but we've seen him do most of that stuff before and Semenuk is smooth AF but again, nothing outside the norm for him. Never heard of this Brage guy but he's an animal. Definitely uttered some audible "holy shit"s during his. Also cool to see a woman in there and it wasn't just to be inclusive - Veronique totally shreds.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I may lean towards Brage but Semenuk’s part was huge gaps/drops with perfectly executed tricks. Honestly I think Semenuk gets the nod.

It is hard to compare to Macaskill but some wild stuff in there too.

don

I watched all of them this morning too and i agree: Brage's is the best. Danny is amazing but we've seen him do most of that stuff before and Semenuk is smooth AF but again, nothing outside the norm for him. Never heard of this Brage guy but he's an animal. Definitely uttered some audible "holy shit"s during his. Also cool to see a woman in there and it wasn't just to be inclusive - Veronique totally shreds.
Veronique had some really amazing moves - that double clap no hander and the oppo skid in the berm (although I'm a little done with the skid slid stuff before that) were a treat to watch. Great to have that in the mix.

don

I may lean towards Brage but Semenuk’s part was huge gaps/drops with perfectly executed tricks. Honestly I think Semenuk gets the nod.

It is hard to compare to Macaskill but some wild stuff in there too.

The "problem" with Semenuk's edit was that it is too good. He is so smooth and his builders and edit too clean. I voted Brage but then watched Semenuk's a few more times and it really is the best edit. He goes just as big as everyone else but is smoother and way more technical.

DJ Brandt's was good too with the varried terrain and bikes and some really great moves but I felt the ski resort section fell a little short (not the riding but just feel it would look better with a skier or snowboarder). His launch ramp to bridge landing was sick!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The "problem" with Semenuk's edit was that it is too good. He is so smooth and his builders and edit too clean. I voted Brage but then watched Semenuk's a few more times and it really is the best edit. He goes just as big as everyone else but is smoother and way more technical.

DJ Brandt's was good too with the varried terrain and bikes and some really great moves but I felt the ski resort section fell a little short (not the riding but just feel it would look better with a skier or snowboarder). His launch ramp to bridge landing was sick!
I agree, the quality in Filming and editing with semenuk and macaskill is top notch, obviously those guys know how to put together an edit and have a bunch of resources.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
To me Brage’s is just bonkers and his style is very loose and raw. He’s more metal and I like that. First time I saw one of his edits I was like, “Who is this guy? I like him!” And he doesn’t wear skinny jeans.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

Some good stuff here, the foot/tyre (he is english, right?) tap on the tree was dope and his darkside tables and one footers are always fire. I think the most impressive thing is riding those wood features in the wet.

I can't say I am the biggest Kris Kyle fan, I always thought it looks like he is trying too hard sometimes when just ripping a trail, like around 2:28. But this is only when you compare it to the silky smoothness of Semenuk.

I’ve watched this one a few times now. I’m not that into it. I tried to like it (the tricks are impressive) but the whole edit just doesn’t do it for me. I’m not sure if it’s the wacky obstacles randomly placed throughout the woods or the random in-between shots of him riding like a 12 year old through unimpressive muddy single track.

Obviously I’m getting old because this new school stuff I think is lame. :p

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
or the random in-between shots of him riding like a 12 year old through unimpressive muddy single track.
He is from Scotland, where it is acceptable to ride in the mud. He is probably going way faster than you think through those muddy sections. IDK who started the trend, maybe the north shore guys but Semenuk and a few others have solidified the "build this section specifically for this video segment" and this is what is going on here. Must be nice for red bull to give you some $$ and a crew to spend for a specific video and then tear it all down afterwards.

Top Bottom