This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

dmc123

Got my first shot of Pfeizer 3 weeks ago and was due for my second this week. Developed some tinnitus (ringing) in my ears a few days ago and came to find out my sister got the same thing but much worse. I would classify mine as mild (3 out of 10) but annoying. Hers is almost debilitating (7-9 out of 10) like when you just leave a rock concert. She had her shot a month ago and its still that bad. Doctor says there is not much she can do, no cure and not sure how long it will last. Apparently its actually a brain inflammation thing, her ears are fine. We looked it up on google and there are hundreds of people reporting the same thing. I called Pfeizer to see if they had any answers but of course they said they didn't know about it. I am holding off on getting my second shot until we get some answers even though I was very excited to get it and be done. Anybody else get this?

rick81721

Lothar
Got my first shot of Pfeizer 3 weeks ago and was due for my second this week. Developed some tinnitus (ringing) in my ears a few days ago and came to find out my sister got the same thing but much worse. I would classify mine as mild (3 out of 10) but annoying. Hers is almost debilitating (7-9 out of 10) like when you just leave a rock concert. She had her shot a month ago and its still that bad. Doctor says there is not much she can do, no cure and not sure how long it will last. Apparently its actually a brain inflammation thing, her ears are fine. We looked it up on google and there are hundreds of people reporting the same thing. I called Pfeizer to see if they had any answers but of course they said they didn't know about it. I am holding off on getting my second shot until we get some answers even though I was very excited to get it and be done. Anybody else get this?

Definite link between having covid and tinnitus - the vaccine: not the case. It's possible - according to this stress can also be a cause.

https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/tinnitus-reports-grow-amid-covid-19-vaccinations/

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Should be put on Prednisone.??. what did they audiologist or ENT say?
I had severe unexplained hearing loss a bunch of years back which came with full blown Tinnitus. Recovered after two months or so.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where's the hospital Covid intake rate and deaths chart for Florida? Isn't that the concern?

We'll see a huge drop in the cases once the Vaccines fully roll out and we have a warm summer.

Patrick

Staff member
Where's the hospital Covid intake rate and deaths chart for Florida? Isn't that the concern?

We'll see a huge drop in the cases once the Vaccines fully roll out and we have a warm summer.

in the link?
this is overall.

1618835556598.png

vs Jan, slightly down on a percentage bases,
better than cut in half on an absolute basis.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar

Slight increase in hospitalizations, deaths still declining. 80% of the most vulnerable (65+) have at least one vaccine dose now. 50% of all new cases are age 0 - 34.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Got my second Pfizer yesterday. My wife had a rougher night than me. She is finally sleeping. I feel like I have the flu and I’m hungover at the same time.

My tinnitus was bad last night but my ears are a mess anyway. My ears ring constantly as it is, now it’s just worse.

@dmc123 Couple thing to check with tinnitus: how tense is the jaw (TMJ) and what’s the blood pressure. When my blood pressure is up (which is most of the time) my ears ring like there’s a fire alarm going off all day. When I clench my jaw it makes it even worse. Stay away from alcohol and caffeine too - one drink and I’m:
FA943F9B-A8B7-430B-B443-989C7F96A771.jpeg

Patrick

Staff member
Perhaps part of Israel's success was that it is still masking after vaccination?

They just rescinded outdoor masking yesterday.
81% of the adult population is vaccinated. Children are not yet eligible.
Mortality rate w/o vaccine: 0.8%

rick81721

Lothar
Perhaps part of Israel's success was that it is still masking after vaccination?

Nope, their success was getting so many vaccinated. Covid crashed before rescinding their silly outdoor mask policy. Will we ever get to 80% vaccinated? I doubt it.

rick81721

Lothar

PS I sat at a bar last night for dinner - wings, pizza and a beer. Nice to be back to (almost) normal.

The only thing I won't do is group rides 😂

Patrick

Staff member
Fact. See your own link for the data

I see that they warn against another wave if they don't continue to be vigilant...
that is the government's message.

----

Did you go see my cousin's band yet? Philharmonic at marina jacks April 23rd, nice outdoor space.
not too loud.

rick81721

Lothar
I see that they warn against another wave if they don't continue to be vigilant...
that is the government's message.

Vaccination is the only thing that will prevent further waves. It's obvious that "being vigilant" didn't work.
Did you go see my cousin's band yet? Philharmonic at marina jacks April 23rd, nice outdoor space.
not too loud.

Where's marina Jack's? Won't be going places for awhile now that wifey is getting out of the hospital (today) - limited mobility!

Top Bottom