NJ DMV

THATmanMANNY

I use to do manual web pay for everything. Especially cell phone bill. I've caught errors a few times. I just got tired of logging in 5 different sites. Only manual pay mortgage now and main CC bill.

RE: DMV - Success-ish
Wife got car registered
I got my 6 month old truck finally titled and reg under my name. I was trying to transfer old plate to it because I like that digits but it was from a car and not a truck. Didn't know they had that restriction so no transfer of plate. $650 less in my pocket. :/

JDurk

I still like to get a statement in the mail. Pay bills with a combo of checks and on-line banking. Only get paid once a month, the last Thurs, so some months it's 5 weeks between. Took some time to get used to it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Mark down the date - i'm sending in two titles to have the lien holder removed.
They sent a satisfaction/no interest letter, rather than stamping the title.
wish me luck!

i'd also like to get my boat endorsement, but that requires an appointment - while i'm there (whenever that will be)
i think i'll pay for a moto permit. do i need to take the test first?

Reactions: rlb

mfennell

Mark down the date - i'm sending in two titles to have the lien holder removed.
They sent a satisfaction/no interest letter, rather than stamping the title.
wish me luck!

i'd also like to get my boat endorsement, but that requires an appointment - while i'm there (whenever that will be)
i think i'll pay for a moto permit. do i need to take the test first?

Good luck! I owe about $90 on my VW because I don't want to do the title dance and risk having to go to the DMV, which sucks in the best of times. If you emerge unscathed, maybe I'll finally pay it off.

Patrick

Staff member
Good luck! I owe about $90 on my VW because I don't want to do the title dance and risk having to go to the DMV, which sucks in the best of times. If you emerge unscathed, maybe I'll finally pay it off.

i would have gone, but appointments are scarce!

Patrick

Staff member
Honestly the dmv is better now with the appointments then it's ever been.
Registered 2 cars in the last couple months and was in and out in less then 15 minutes both times.

i must be doing something wrong - clicked on 3 different locations, and there were no appointments.
Maybe if i try early in the morning?
What office did you use?

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have to deal with a title replacement and register a boat/trailer. Lucky I was able to grab an appointment at Wallington next week. Anybody know if they’ll let you do multiple transactions on one appointment?

I tried to book a second appointment but the system won’t let you book two.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have to deal with a title replacement and register a boat/trailer. Lucky I was able to grab an appointment at Wallington next week. Anybody know if they’ll let you do multiple transactions on one appointment?

I tried to book a second appointment but the system won’t let you book two.

I'm guessing they will because it's title/reg work. Let's see if I'm right.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
i must be doing something wrong - clicked on 3 different locations, and there were no appointments.
Maybe if i try early in the morning?
What office did you use?
Same in NYS. I was on the phone for an hour today trying to book an appointment to register my boat. Earliest I could get was May 26th ... two county’s away from where I live! :(

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from inspection (Newton),
I was the only person there.
No longer 14 months out of compliance,
I figured I better do it because we no longer have the @Carson get out of jail free card.

Patrick

Staff member
Had to call again this morning and I finally got to the bottom of it. The mail got returned and it's been sitting on someone's desk since some time in December. This is despite being told 2x that they haven't started processing December paperwork yet :rolleyes:

I live in Bridgewater, but my neighborhood is in the Bound Brook zip code. So if my mail is addressed to "Bridgewater, NJ 08805" it only makes it through to me about 50% of the time, and it's usually the important shit that doesn't get to me. I've tried fixing my address with DMV to be "Bound Brook, NJ 08805" as it should be, but that never works...

After being transferred to someone else yet again, she said she's re-addressing the envelope and will get it out to me. What's the over-under on the title being correct?

Good luck Patrick!

So going back to April 12, I mailed in my two titles to be re-issued w/o lien holder.
They have not cashed the checks yet.

what was that phone number?
The Queen is in a mood, and I need to redirect her angst.

rlb

So going back to April 12, I mailed in my two titles to be re-issued w/o lien holder.
They have not cashed the checks yet.

what was that phone number?
The Queen is in a mood, and I need to redirect her angst.
Did you get through?

Patrick

Staff member
Did you get through?

The Q seemed more relaxed going out today, so actually getting through was probably less important than having the contact info.

IOW: i dunno.

Top Bottom