20-21 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Skied powder mountain with the family the last few days. sunday and Monday were like spring skiing. we got a couple of inches overnight and during the day, it really softened the trails. Most low angle trails were very fun today, anything with a steeper pitch was a little too crusty for my liking. Forecast calls for 3-5” overnight, help me out and do a little snow dance!

Come snow! Come snow!
Fall fast, fall slow
be it powder or crud,
Let the inches be shown
Come snow! Come snow!
Blessed ULLR bestow
Make white our peaks
Make full our bowls
Come snow! Come snow!
From here to fro
Let the snow god be praised
Let his gifts be shown

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Skied powder mountain with the family the last few days. sunday and Monday were like spring skiing. we got a couple of inches overnight and during the day, it really softened the trails. Most low angle trails were very fun today, anything with a steeper pitch was a little too crusty for my liking. Forecast calls for 3-5” overnight, help me out and do a little snow dance!
PowMow rules.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Never a huge fan of Camelback but I think I'm good with never going back there again after this:
CB is kinda like one of those traveling carnivals. You know it's an unsafe shitshow, but you do it anyway.

kidzach

CB is kinda like one of those traveling carnivals. You know it's an unsafe shitshow, but you do it anyway.
Never a huge fan of Camelback but I think I'm good with never going back there again after this:
"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place " 😎

roc

That’s scary. Hopefully everybody is ok. I guess I’m never going there again.

Zaskar

Damn that is crazy. Lucky it wasn't a higher point on the line or it could've been worse.

Haven't been to Camelback since I can't remember... maybe middle school years.

I was at Killington over the weekend and the Canyon quad still makes me a nervous.....

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
OMFG.
I have always had irrational fears of chair-lifts falling off the cable, I'm the weirdo who looks at the mechanism and analyzes how the chair "feels" - now this! My fears are not irrational! That sucks. I might never use a lift again :oops:

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I’m one to hold on when the bar goes up coming into the terminal...but sh*t hanging on won’t do anything when the whole thing falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom