Raritan 911: Robocop

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This was a new one for us...

We were dispatched to a residence for two (2) overdoses. That, in and of itself, isn't that odd. Usually, misery loves company and it is not uncommon to have two friends or a couple using and ODing together.

We arrived and found a male and female overdosing. The female called, thankfully. The male was completely unconscious with shallow respirations and the female was semi-conscious. We got to work and used 2 Narcans on the female and 3 on the male before they both were lucid enough to have a conversation while EMS evaluated and got ready to transport to the ED.

Here's the new part...they are both drug addiction couselors! They also had a testing kit at home and knew prior to using that the heroin they purchased contained fentanyl. But they decided that they would just use a little less than their usual dose.

In the past two months, we've blown through Narcan at an alarming pace. 2 or 3 Narcan doses has become the norm due to rising fentanyl concentrations. Hopefully it's just a blip in the supply and not the new trend moving forward.

8 shifts to go.

I was offered full-time employment this week. Executive protection/armed driver type stuff with a state-level politician. While the job itself is right up my alley (driving and sitting around doing little to nothing), it's not my cup of tea to be at the beck and call of someone else. Evenings, weekends. etc. I politely declined but offered to work as a fill-in when he was in a bind or needed the extra help. PROS: earpieces. CONS: Working with NJSP (who are mostly intolerable).

Last edited:

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's the new part...they are both drug addiction couselors!
Not totally shocking, the use of peer-based interventions is pretty common,
especially in the area of substance use.
I do think the idea is to have peers who are not active users though.
And man that fentanyl is just really scary stuff, and popping up in everything.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This was a new one for us...

We were dispatched to a residence for two (2) overdoses. That, in and of itself, isn't that odd. Usually, misery loves company and it is not uncommon to have two friends or a couple using and ODing together.

We arrived and found a male and female overdosing. The female called, thankfully. The male was completely unconscious with shallow respirations and the female was semi-conscious. We got to work and used 2 Narcans on the female and 3 on the male before they both were lucid enough to have a conversation while EMS evaluated and got ready to transport to the ED.

Here's the new part...they are both drug addiction couselors! They also had a testing kit at home and knew prior to using that the heroin they purchased contained fentanyl. But they decided that they would just use a little less than their usual dose.

In the past two months, we've blown through Narcan at an alarming pace. 2 or 3 Narcan doses has become the norm due to rising fentanyl concentrations. Hopefully it's just a blip in the supply and not the new trend moving forward.

8 shifts to go.

I was offered full-time employment this week. Executive protection/armed driver type stuff with a state-level politician. While the job itself is right up my alley (driving and sitting around doing little to nothing), it's not my cup of tea to be at the beck and call of someone else. Evenings, weekends. etc. I politely declined but offered to work as a fill-in when he was in a bind or needed the extra help. PROS: earpieces. CONS: Working with NJSP (who are mostly intolerable).
Where can one find this "fentanyl" stuff? Askin for a friend.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another job offer came in. Driving instructor for Hickory Driving School. I can tell the kids they can smoke weed now, where the cops hide, and how police radar works. My job requirements are a take home with more than 300HP and to unionize with the Teamsters.

IT'S MY LAST WEEK...FINAL TOUR!

73290.jpeg20210331_124631.jpg20210331_222215.jpg20210331_222733.jpg20210401_114718.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Another job offer came in. Driving instructor for Hickory Driving School. I can tell the kids they can smoke weed now, where the cops hide, and how police radar works. My job requirements are a take home with more than 300HP and to unionize with the Teamsters.

IT'S MY LAST WEEK...FINAL TOUR!

View attachment 154944View attachment 154945View attachment 154946View attachment 154947View attachment 154948

Enjoy the last few days. And hey, you still owe me a PBA card!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well done Dave - thanks for catching the bad guys, and taking care of the ones in bad situations.

Top Bottom