If you haven't bought your creek pass...you may not get one at all

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll teach you how to send it. You can pay me with IPA's, in advance obviously.

61BF7852-D11C-4B89-B39A-4F480281F26F.jpeg

oobaa47

Hi all, as you know, Creek capped their season pass sales just recently. The lines are going to be completely insane this year. We're trying to get them to open for the full day on friday, instead of their usual 1200 start. This will hopefully give some the option of being able to ride on fridays, reducing some of the weekend traffic. Please spread the word and let's get them to open up all day on friday.

Thanks!

Below is what I sent out to some peeps via text.

Have everyone you know, email Mountain Creek, in a push to be open all day Friday. In reality, they are only going to have to start the lift a few hours earlier than they usually do on Friday. This may alleviate some of the weekend park congestion, as a full day of riding on Friday, might tempt people to avoid the weekend....

Scroll towards the bottom of the link, you could send them a message....

Last edited:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi all, as you know, Creek capped their season pass sales just recently. The lines are going to be completely insane this year. We're trying to get them to open for the full day on friday, instead of their usual 1200 start. This will hopefully give some the option of being able to ride on fridays, reducing some of the weekend traffic. Please spread the word and let's get them to open up all day on friday.

Thanks!

Below is what I sent out to everyone via text.

Have everyone you know, email Mountain Creek, in a push to be open all day Friday. In reality, they are only going to have to start the lift a few hours earlier than they usually do on Friday. This may alleviate some of the weekend park congestion, as a full day of riding on Friday, might tempt people to avoid the weekend....

Scroll towards the bottom of the link, you could send them a message....
If they start out with the bang they ended with last year they’ll probably do it. They added Thursday’s to the fall hours for the same reason. I feel like most of the staff is there at 9am anyways.

Reactions: don

ebarker9

I started poking around on the 'creek site and noticed coaching. I'm not a terrible DH rider but my jump game is lacking. Anyone know who coaches or if it's worth it? I've been following the Fluidride series on Youtube but some of the body position coaching is wayy too subtle for me to grasp.
Option B is follow Jim and Ryan until I either die or improve.
Cheers!

I'm fairly certain that they did not do regular coaching last year, but hopefully it will be back this year. I did the Shaums March camp a few years ago now and a few of the Creek instructor guys assisted with that. Of the bunch, I was really impressed with Jeff (Jeb)...he's a great rider and coach. I'm hopeful that I'll have the chance to work with him on some things this season.

ebarker9

why don't they run 2 lifts? That triple ends in the same spot as the cab

They ran that for the bike park briefly when the cab was being worked on. I'm assuming that the incredible slow-ness of the triple wouldn't reduce the lines enough to make it worth having to staff and run a second lift. But it's a fair question.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
They ran that for the bike park briefly when the cab was being worked on. I'm assuming that the incredible slow-ness of the triple wouldn't reduce the lines enough to make it worth having to staff and run a second lift. But it's a fair question.
It is also double the lift operational cost from a utility/maintenance perspective as well as a staffing perspective.

Ian F

Does the triple lift have hooks for bikes or do you get on while holding your bike?

One big advantage the gondola has (over pretty much all other bike parks that are also ski areas) is they don't really have to do anything to the lift to go from winter to summer use. Plus, the manpower is a lot less - one person monitoring the bottom, another at the top. And neither of them really have to do much, unlike at other parks where two or more attendants are unloading bikes from G-L trays.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They could literally open 4 lifts and people would still bitch and ride the same 3 out of 50 trails and say it’s a small mountain. This is Jersey. Smash the rocks. Shut up about flow trails. Learn to ride real DH. Deal with crowds. Move on with your life.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
They could literally open 4 lifts and people would still bitch and ride the same 3 out of 50 trails and say it’s a small mountain. This is Jersey. Smash the rocks. Shut up about flow trails. Learn to ride real DH. Deal with crowds. Move on with your life.
1616782142767.gif
?

Ian F

I am, dude! It’s the sickest tech riding in the area and people just wiiiine and complaaaain waaaaahhhh... drive to highlands with all that noise!
The lines at Highland are worse and last year were long even mid-week.

And it tends to be the same thing - people ride Hellion and Cats Paw and not much else. Like at Creek, if you go ride the natural terrain black trails, you'll be alone.

That said, I'm not one to talk - when I go to Thunder Mtn, I spend the majority of my time on Gronk. I just love the better "fun to risk" ratio of a well built blue G-L jump trail.

oobaa47

Thanks to all who contacted creek in a push to get them to open for a full day on fridays!! From their facebook:

No April Fooling here... Trail Crüe hit the mountain yesterday for Day One of trail preparations for the 2021 season. And here’s some other exciting news... we’re expanding our operating hours for this season. We’ve added Thursdays for the spring and Fridays will now follow our weekend hours. Our new spring hours are:

Thursday’s Noon - 6pm
Friday - Sunday 9am - 6pm

We are committed to giving you the most riding possible this summer, and we look forward to seeing our bike family back on the mountain soon. Ride on!

Top Bottom