Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this real? I don't know much about classics, but 3 designs in 3 years? 68 FTW.
? have you ever seen a 50s or 60s car....well pretty much all american cars pre 1980....no 2 years were the same. Corvettes, camaros and mustangs were outliers in that they looked somewhat similar from year to year...but no 2 years went unchanged.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is this real? I don't know much about classics, but 3 designs in 3 years? 68 FTW.

3.5 years! the style changed mid 1970.

they made changes to different panels, and tweaked some of the trim.
changed up the lights a bit - as mentioned, some was regulation.

Now they just change which color is available.

Dingo

Another change on the 67 was to the rear shocks. 68 they staggered the mounts, one in front of the axle tube and one behind. This was for wheel hop on take off.

more trivia Whats this??camaro.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another change on the 67 was to the rear shocks. 68 they staggered the mounts, one in front of the axle tube and one behind. This was for wheel hop on take off.

more trivia Whats this??View attachment 152986
I don't know, but if I can win something:

1. Headlight flipping thingy?
2. Charcoal canister?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No Dr Emmett, try again

in all seriousness it looks like one of those vibration dampers, change the harmonic so the car doesnt shake itself apart.

unless theres wire/hoses ect going to it that i cant see

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
nope
hint, convertible models only, has nothing to do with top has a lot to with bad engineering/cost
Bad engineering... is it a sump pump to pump out all the water that leaks through the convertible top? Lol

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

more trivia Whats this??View attachment 152986
hmm, reservoir for hyd fluid?
Never liked any of those. This is my favorite camaro

now come on....who doesnt like the 69 camaro? what are you a commie???? LOL

Dingo

in all seriousness it looks like one of those vibration dampers, change the harmonic so the car doesnt shake itself apart.

unless theres wire/hoses ect going to it that i cant see
Winner! Fluid filled dampener, because the convertible chassis flexed so bad they added two of these to counter act the vibrations. Don't fix the flex just cover it up with a band aid.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Instead of a new spark plug???
no honestly, her 09 outback is a mess....needs so much shit, HG is blown, leaking coolant into the cylinder and oil externally, needs struts, brakes, exhaust is shot, like every part of the suspension that has a rubber bushing pretty much....steering rack is leaking...The latter shit I wouldnt mind fixing, the head gaskets....its either I do it and the car will be off the road for weeks im sure at my speed (not something i have ever attempted, so I would have to learn myself how)...or her cousin wants $2000 or $2500 to do it...eh..she deserves a new car....and I told her to get any car she wants....this is what she wanted...so I think i got off cheap.

Top Bottom