This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
US - I said "nearly" - we've administered more than 72 million doses but I think the % with at least one dose right now is about 15. That will go up quickly
It is ramping up as you predicted.
learning curve stuff.
i don’t think Memorial Day target is unreasonable.

do we need to think more globally???
For our own good, we should be driving the bus?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
It is ramping up as you predicted.
learning curve stuff.
i don’t think Memorial Day target is unreasonable.

do we need to think more globally???
For our own good, we should be driving the bus?
Memorial Day? Don't believe the BS they're feeding you. Its March and they're not even out of phase 1 yet, and the population in phase 2 is waaaaay bigger.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This thing dropped me like a bad habit. I currently have the same symptoms as I did when I had the virus last year. Luckily it's raining and spending the weekend on the couch is fine. I would strongly suggest a Friday appointment if you get it, just in case it takes you out.

Some chatter that first shot is worse if you’ve had the virus already. Second worse if not.

Or no reaction at all.

Either way nobody has died from either shot I’m pretty sure.

thegock

MODE RRNA PXL_20210301_200222042-01.jpg

Thanks to my daughter's teammate, who I had coached for 4 years, setting up a hard to get appointment, I got my first dose of Moderna vaccine 3:15pm today. Very efficient process at Kean. One hour door to car door, including 20 minutes waiting time afterwards.

rick81721

Lothar
When my mother got her first shot at a pharmacy they told her to wait out in her car for 15 minutes after, in case of a reaction. However, no one comes out to check on you. I guess they'd just scoop up the bodies of anyone who died at the end of the day.

Down here they make everyone wait inside the vaccination site 15 minutes after getting the shot.

Patrick

Staff member
Memorial Day? Don't believe the BS they're feeding you. Its March and they're not even out of phase 1 yet, and the population in phase 2 is waaaaay bigger.

totally my prediction that they have a shot at making it.
kindofa exponential growth guy - although i haven't looked at a graph of vaccinations per week yet - which might help.

Patrick

Staff member
Once the US has gotten to everyone who wants one then yes, we should start helping other countries.

yes, well sort of - what i meant was making sure the lessons learned, and best practice logistics, are shared.
also push to get more production of vaccine overseas. at some point, we may be producing more than we need.
i say we send it to canada.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
totally my prediction that they have a shot at making it.
kindofa exponential growth guy - although i haven't looked at a graph of vaccinations per week yet - which might help.

I don't do numbers well but, if 60% of the population is planning on getting vaccines (200million) and we've done around 75 million, that's May at the same rate. If J&J adds 30ish million, that should put us at the end of April. Right?

Patrick

Staff member
I don't do numbers well but, if 60% of the population is planning on getting vaccines (200million) and we've done around 75 million, that's May at the same rate. If J&J adds 30ish million, that should put us at the end of April. Right?

there might be a clog in the pipe somewhere - like getting it out of the cooler and into the arm.
production seems to be there tho.
Also, after 5 months of side effects data is collected, maybe more people get on-board with vax. (or the opposite)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

is that 75 million people, or 75 million doses (would probably be between 40 and 50 million people)?

mfennell

Adjusting for the J&J single shot, 200 million people need about 350 million doses.

Read yesterday that Merck will be producing the J&J vaccine. Awesome.

Also read that there's a looming shortage of needles, especially the type that allow Pfizer to get 6 doses out of each vial vs. 5. Less awesome.

Edit: the 7 day moving average on jabs is nearly 2 million/day.

Top Bottom