The Guitar Player Thread.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That LTD is also dope. If I ever man up and buy a 7 it will be Stephen Carpenter’s sig LTD. I’ve wanted one since high school.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It is indeed the custom RG. I forgot what it has in it. I posted it when I bought it and then immediately forgot.

That ESP is super dope. The opening song on that DT album is tuned to A and this thing sounds so heavy with the EMGs in it.

I've had a pile of ESPs with EMGs and they're hard to beat for straight up metal. The NOVA and RG are nicer for less notey leads because you can get more variety depending on how you bite into the string.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've had a pile of ESPs with EMGs and they're hard to beat for straight up metal. The NOVA and RG are nicer for less notey leads because you can get more variety depending on how you bite into the string.
The Kiesel Lithium pickups in my Carvin have ridiculous attack for like that modern progressive djent (periphery’ish), crazy accurate tone.... but my shitty Les Paul studio still sounds soooo fat for good old scooped mids metals...

Steve Vai

Making progress on this one. It's times like these I wished I was into Cat Stevens or something, prog hurts.

Hakimaki

After 12 years, I've dug out my old guitars from the basement. Can anyone recommend a good guitar setup guy? Willing to travel a bit for someone excellent.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dave’s Sound Repair in Hanover. I’ve only been in for an amp repair, but was recommended by my buddy that has been taking his guitars there for decades.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I actually had Guitar Center in East Brunswick setup my NOVA. Came out surprisingly amazing.
I had a guitar setup really well at a guitar center once, then another time I walked up to the service desk (different location) and after five seconds of talking to the 16 year old “luthier” there was no way I was leaving my Les Paul there. I only trust 60+ year old bearded gentlemen with my instruments.

Steve Vai

I had a guitar setup really well at a guitar center once, then another time I walked up to the service desk (different location) and after five seconds of talking to the 16 year old “luthier” there was no way I was leaving my Les Paul there. I only trust 60+ year old bearded gentlemen with my instruments.

The kid in East Brunswick is a Djent kid. He has neck tattoos and shit. Plays a Keisel CL8. The RG was done by some famous guy in north jersey. Frets were all leveled and poop, that guitar plays SOOOOOO good.

Top Bottom