Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Broncos are going with this rising tide lifts all boats thing....as in, the first gens went totally insane...now you cant touch a decent one for less than 25k, and most are more like 50k..... that is now bringing up the price of every other bronco....These 80s ones were worthless for a long time, not any more. I dont get the whole mileage based value myself personally...Ok, if we are talking about the ferris bueller 250GT ferrari..fine, its a 30-50million dollar car, I get being scared to tool around NJ in it.....But an 86 bronco? what the hell is the point of owning it just to park and look at it? But it is a thing apparently. I will say tho, with this bronco, I think its value is less the milage...bc at 11k, its not really a wrapper car anymore...like that other truck with 75 miles....but it is all original, and all original is pretty valuable...So you could probably get away with driving this one a little bit and not hurting the value.....But that other one that sold for 97k with 75 miles...like ya...how are you ever going to get more money for it if you put any miles on it.
I'm almost always certain it's based on some sort of nostalgia.

For instance my dad had an '86 or so Bronco. So if I had some big memories tied to that thing, maybe I'd want one in great condition if it was the same color as my dad's.

Heck, I have more memories of his Isuzu pickup truck, and if I had more money than I knew what to do with and one of those came up for sale, same year, same color I'd be inclined to buy it.

I keep saying fox body Mustangs are dog shit vehicles, but they are worth money because it was the cool car when people were growing up, and now have money.

I can't afford a Rothko but I can afford a Bronco?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

For instance my dad had an '86 or so Bronco. So if I had some big memories tied to that thing, maybe I'd want one in great condition if it was the same color as my dad's.

Heck, I have more memories of his Isuzu pickup truck, and if I had more money than I knew what to do with and one of those came up for sale, same year, same color I'd be inclined to buy it.

I keep saying fox body Mustangs are dog shit vehicles, but they are worth money because it was the cool car when people were growing up, and now have money.

well yes, that too of course....I had 4 fox bodies and while I MUCH MUCH prefer my 67...there is just something I loved about my fox bodies....they were just super fun cars.

But the bigger, boxy broncos really didnt start going up in value until the first gens became insane

Reactions: don

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok I REALLY want to throw a bid in on this one....would prefer and f100 with a 390 (so I can buy common old filters :) ) but this is pretty sweet

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
ok I REALLY want to throw a bid in on this one....would prefer and f100 with a 390 (so I can buy common old filters :) ) but this is pretty sweet

My dad's work used to have a 1972 F100 that he would drive all the time. Me and my 3 brothers used to go everywhere in the bed of that thing on the weekends. Would be locked up in 5 seconds for that now. :p

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@rick81721

I think I like the 991 better. The 997 felt a touch small, like the Cayman. Also, no CPO on a 997 at this point, LOL, which was a consideration. I do really like the 997 GT3 but they cost as much as my car but will also probably hold their value better as well. I'd be less likely to pile miles on a 997, too. And I want to drive it, not just look at it.

rick81721

Lothar
@rick81721

I think I like the 991 better. The 997 felt a touch small, like the Cayman. Also, no CPO on a 997 at this point, LOL, which was a consideration. I do really like the 997 GT3 but they cost as much as my car but will also probably hold their value better as well. I'd be less likely to pile miles on a 997, too. And I want to drive it, not just look at it.

That 997 GT3 (2010) had 10,800 miles and they want $135,900K

don

@rick81721

I've been thinking of getting a Porsche cabriolet (I know the coupes are better but it's for the wife to enjoy too and she has been wanting a convert). I was researching 996's as they seem to be great bang for the buck ($25k seems to get you one with around 50k miles and clean CarFax). But the 997's seem like a lot more car for a little more money depending on how you look at it. I'm now thinking 997.2 as even though the prices are going up they seem to be a great balance of a better engine (no IMS and much less bore scoring), nice looks, low production, manual gearbox and great drivability. Do you think the 997's in general will hold value better or the just the higher end models like the GT3 and Turbos?

don

I've been telling people that ask about Bronco or Blazers to get a RamCharger as they seem like good buys for a full size 4x4 wagon: https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars-for-sale/dodge-ramcharger-for-sale

If I had a ton of space I'd grab one of the removable top versions, install a 12valve, some mild suspension work, cut the fenders for 37's and cage it. I think DED Dave Chappelle has one and I can't wait to see what he ends up with.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I have a feeling this is going to go for a batshit crazy price

This Chevy is kicking Ford's ass,

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This Chevy is kicking Ford's ass,

omg yes...57 MILES on a 1975!!!! thats insane...that is a wrapper vehicle....11k miles is not

of course if you get the 11k mile vehicle up to 15k....the value most likely wont change, if you get the 57 mile vehicle over 100, you would probably put a dent in your resale value

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
omg yes...57 MILES on a 1975!!!! thats insane...that is a wrapper vehicle....11k miles is not

of course if you get the 11k mile vehicle up to 15k....the value most likely wont change, if you get the 57 mile vehicle over 100, you would probably put a dent in your resale value
When I was a kid the teen next door had that exact Blazer. I thought it was so cool. No way in f'n hell I'd pay over $100k for one with so many nice cars out there, even if it were just going to sit. At least get something pretty to stare at. An old XKE or something.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You know, I remember the 70's & 80's stuff fondly from the era I grew up, but most of them were not good vehicles to actually use.

Reactions: don

one piece crank

It actually seems that as any vehicle rises in value, it pulls a flotilla of other vehicles (like or not) right up the price scale. So anything short of a complete resto will be a $20k+ entry price.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
One for Saturdays one for Sundays.

Top Bottom