Chimney Rock Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Due to deer management purposes, Washington Valley Park will be closed on Wednesday, January 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th and February 3rd and 10th on the west side of Chimney Rock Road. However, the east sections remain open to include the Miller Lane parking lot and Gilbride Road parking lot.

Gnick

thoughts on riding here sunday? the weather has been decent for about a week now. Looking to shake things up and ride something different from allaire, and hartshorne isnt any fun on weekends.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Gnick

Got out there today around 2:00 for a walk with the dog.

The park is surprisingly wet. The base of the dirt is pretty solid but at this time of day there's a layer of mud on top of everything. We did a red loop and I would say - actually ask - to avoid it at this time. I am sure blue is worse, white is about the same, and yellow is probably a bit better.

If you go early in the morning, you should be fine. Under the mud there's a pretty firm base and it's supposed to get down into the mid-20s overnight. Looking at the weather for tomorrow, looks like by 11:00 it's going to be warmer than all day today. I would suggest getting out to ride around 8:00am if possible.

If it warms up significantly this place is going to be a total mud pit. But right now the trail conditions aren't really bad at all.

Jrzjoe

It was pretty well frozen early this morning. Any standing water had a crust of ice that was easily broken but dirt was firm. I left at about 9 or so and you could already see a bit of shine from the beginnings of melt on the Icy spots so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was crap by 11.
It was pretty rutted in spots.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was able to get some guys from High Tech today for some repair work throughout the park. We fixed the tread on black, lower yellow (River trail). We also did some small reroutes on upper yellow, blue and red. Also closed off a bunch of cut thru's all over the place. As usual, I can't thank High Tech enough. Couldn't get this work done without Paul's generosity.

I'll add, the park is a mess in many spots. As bad as I've ever seen it. Deep mud and ruts all over. Saw a ton of riders out there too, many covered in mud. We figure that it's a spill over from 6 Mile and Nassau being closed. Please try and ride early with these warms temps.

Attachments

• TM 1.jpg
    TM 1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 132
  • TM 2.jpg
    TM 2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 135
  • TM 3.jpg
    TM 3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 134
  • TM 4.jpg
    TM 4.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 134
  • TM 6.jpg
    TM 6.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 136
  • TM 5.jpg
    TM 5.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 126
  • TM 7.jpg
    TM 7.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 134

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff Kirt! Thanks to you & Paul at HT!

I hiked blue with the pup today. Not sure I’ve ever seen it this bad. I would suggest not riding this side of the park at all right now.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks great. Those Fn high tech guys put more effort into the trails then they did to my yard!

Joking. They are a premium landscape company and if you want something done I recommend them. They have done 2 projects at my house and I was super happy with both.

Jrzjoe

Tree down on the top of red crossing the dip.
Conditions were frozen with a crust of ice at 6:30am. Did everything except yellow.
Lots of frozen ruts.

Attachments

• 81347F4E-B332-4000-BF0D-E58751E9D18E.jpeg
    81347F4E-B332-4000-BF0D-E58751E9D18E.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 635ED805-0D26-46BE-B4AB-D82D7E6EEA46.jpeg
    635ED805-0D26-46BE-B4AB-D82D7E6EEA46.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 105

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions